+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We would share "a" stadium.

Always said there's a reasonably adequate one 200 yards down the road unfortunately.

I think we will be there before long and if no new stadium is built ( my hunch 80% it won't be) then thatl be our permanent home.

Been fairly consistent in my views which I'm still hoping against hope is way off the mark but I've been pointing out for years they have been running Dens down......I'm gutted if I'm honest......people just kept saying why should the yanks spend money when we are getting a new one.��

Nelms is getting far too easy a ride in this monumental gamble with DFC.

I think permanent groundshare/amalgamation is plan A and a half......there's no plan b.....never has been, never will be.
    We will never know as Nelms refuses to answer questions that he does not like.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We will never know as Nelms refuses to answer questions that he does not like.
    That's where d4life should now be upping it a bit

I don't think there's any relationship to breakdown so the questions should be asked again and again and again.

Could DFC survive as middle ranking club in Scottish football if we are homeless?

6 mths

1 season

1 year

3 year

5 year....as is now being suggested.

I reckon 1 season tops but we will still be damaged
    Agree one season tops. Big worry is that it runs on and on (Aberdeen seem to have been talking about and trying to fix up a new stadium for ages) and any more than a season in a sharing situation would be disastrous for us. Support would drift away and the cost of renting would be horrendous (like others I would hate to give any income to the arabs but it may well be the least bad option). The situation re Dens is difficult. Ideally I would love us to stay there, redevelop and live happily ever after there, but lets face it the old ground, although dear to my heart, has degenerated into a hellhole which would cost far too much to do up. Also if it were possible it would have to be done without the americans and, whilst many would like such a scenario, without another option/investor such a move could spell the end of us. We are therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place and will likely have to hope the Campy Nou goes ahead in a good quick time scale for the survival of our beloved club.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Ideally I would love us to stay there, redevelop and live happily ever after there, but lets face it the old ground, although dear to my heart, has degenerated into a hellhole which would cost far too much to do up.
    Has been allowed, some would say encouraged, to degenerate.....................

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Agree one season tops. Big worry is that it runs on and on (Aberdeen seem to have been talking about and trying to fix up a new stadium for ages) and any more than a season in a sharing situation would be disastrous for us. Support would drift away and the cost of renting would be horrendous (like others I would hate to give any income to the arabs but it may well be the least bad option). The situation re Dens is difficult. Ideally I would love us to stay there, redevelop and live happily ever after there, but lets face it the old ground, although dear to my heart, has degenerated into a hellhole which would cost far too much to do up. Also if it were possible it would have to be done without the americans and, whilst many would like such a scenario, without another option/investor such a move could spell the end of us. We are therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place and will likely have to hope the Campy Nou goes ahead in a good quick time scale for the survival of our beloved club.
    I think that the final nail in the coffin will be the rising interest rates especially as Nelms recently stated that they might have to borrow money but that it would not be a problem.
    That was before the Bank of England interest rate rose from 1% to 3% with more increases likely to take place in the coming months to try to sow down inflation.
    I cannot see financial institutions lending tens of millions of pounds to a company for a new stadium development which in September 2022 was stated to cost £144 million.
    Transport Scotland are only interested in the access to the Campy Nou car parks from the A 90 Kingsway.
    In my opinion it will be a far bigger problem with every vehicle in the Campy Nou car parks leaving after the end of a game along a single road to the mini roundabout beside the entrance to Camperdown park which will be Dundee City Council’s planning department and Dundee City Councillors problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Has been allowed, some would say encouraged, to degenerate.....................
    I agree.
    When I volunteered to clean the seats in the Main Stand last July it was obvious that the Main Stand had been neglected.
    I saw a broken seat in the ‘luxurious seating’ area for people in hospitality.
    The paintwork in parts of the Main Stand close to the Press Box was requiring to be repainted.
    One thing I am interested to know.
    Does every club in Scotland which has an all seated stadium have problems with their seats being covered in bird **** or is this unique to Dundee Football Club thanks to the neglect of the Dens Park stadium.
    Do any posters on here attend Away games and if so are the seats in these grounds also covered in bird ****.

That's where d4life should now be upping it a bit

I don't think there's any relationship to breakdown so the questions should be asked again and again and again.
    It is a bit difficult continually asking questions if the person who has been asked these questions refuses to answer them.
    There is only so much that you can do.
    I know what would have happened in the past say forty or fifty years ago.

It is a bit difficult continually asking questions if the person who has been asked these questions refuses to answer them.
    Never said it's easy to get an answer, very easy to continually ask every week.

As I say there appears ( to me anyway) to be no relationship to breakdown, why should these charlatans be allowed to run Dens and potentially the club into the ground.

Never said it's easy to get an answer, very easy to continually ask every week.

As I say there appears ( to me anyway) to be no relationship to breakdown, why should these charlatans be allowed to run Dens and potentially the club into the ground.
    What do you suggest that Dee4Life do.
    I understand that BBC Scotland The Nine are waiting for a reply from the Club to their questions before broadcasting the topic about Campy Nou. If things run true to form they will wait forever for a reply from the Club.

You can publicly ask, on your website or on the press.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)