+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Behich off to Qatar with Jason Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    £8700 per player, per day of their involvement.
    Saw on Twitter it’s 8700 between the teams a player has played for over the last two years so we’d get a third of that. Ffs, I hope Tony and friends weren’t banking on some huge amount coming our way—unless Levitt makes the Welsh squad and them and the Aussies go deep in the competition.

does that mean the fun get money for cummings?

and has souttar been away 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    does that mean the fun get money for cummings?
    and has souttar been away 2 years?
    Seems so. Dundee had Cummings on their books for about half of the qualifying period so will get 50% or so of the £8500 per day which is per player and pro rated amongst all clubs player has been signed for over a two year period. Behich & Levitt (assuming he is picked) have only been our players since the summer or later so we will only get 25% or less of the fee per player per day. Ludicrously the Fun could well end up getting more for Cummings participation than we will get for our two combined. I wonder if TA new the rules or thought that a much bigger windfall (maybe including limp wrists who he may have thought would also get an Aussie call) would be coming our way. Interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Saw on Twitter it’s 8700 between the teams a player has played for over the last two years so we’d get a third of that. Ffs, I hope Tony and friends weren’t banking on some huge amount coming our way—unless Levitt makes the Welsh squad and them and the Aussies go deep in the competition.
    I think it's £8700 each, regardless of the number of teams.

I think it's £8700 each, regardless of the number of teams.
    According to FIFA site it is one payment of $10k per player paid pro rated between however number of clubs that the player has had. Stands to reason they would pay the same per player considering a player could theoretically have had multiple clubs or or only one. I would hope for our sakes that this is not the case but it seems pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Seems so. Dundee had Cummings on their books for about half of the qualifying period so will get 50% or so of the £8500 per day which is per player and pro rated amongst all clubs player has been signed for over a two year period. Behich & Levitt (assuming he is picked) have only been our players since the summer or later so we will only get 25% or less of the fee per player per day. Ludicrously the Fun could well end up getting more for Cummings participation than we will get for our two combined. I wonder if TA new the rules or thought that a much bigger windfall (maybe including limp wrists who he may have thought would also get an Aussie call) would be coming our way. Interesting!!
    Behich has been with 3 clubs and Levitt 2. Does that no mean United get a third of 8700 for Behich and half for Levitt? That would roughly work out to 60 grand for Behich and 90 grand (give or take) for Levitt if Wales and Australia both go out after the group (20 days).

[QUOTE=japanarab;40156432]Behich has been with 3 clubs and Levitt 2. Does that no mean United get a third of 8700 for Behich and half for Levitt? That would roughly work out to 60 grand for Behich and 90 grand (give or take) for Levitt if Wales and Australia both go out after the group (20 days).[/QUOTE
    From what I understand (could be wrong!) from FIFA site and various newspapers the pro rating is based on the time at each club not just two clubs = 50:50 split but if 6 months at one club 18 at the other split would be 75:25.

Hibs website I read last night had them earning the full £8700 for their players despite them playing for multiple clubs. Who knows.

Hibs website I read last night had them earning the full £8700 for their players despite them playing for multiple clubs. Who knows.
    I've based my understanding of it on the FIFA regulations reported in various news outlets see attached link.

https://www.totalsportal.com/money/2...efit-payments/

Is that Japanese goalkeeper still playing ?

We deserve some compo for something 😂😂😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)