+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dee4Life monthly chair update

Dee4Life monthly chair update

Dear member,

Firstly, I apologise for the delay in getting October’s update to you all – so much has happened over the past month and we wanted some of our projects to reach fruition before circulating.

As part of our efforts to improve our digital presence, we have launched a new website at www.dee4life.com that incorporates a new membership management platform. This was a much-needed upgrade and the new platform will help automate a lot of the time-consuming administration work and ensure an improved experience for members.

Gone are manual spreadsheets, difficult to pull distribution lists and members’ communications relying on director intervention. Now, we can offer you a seamless customer experience including simplified 4-step sign-up process, multiple payment options, ability to self-update membership details, digital membership card and access to a members’ only portal to see trust documents.

This work has been led by our directors Ross Day and Ryan Norrie and forms a major part of our efforts over the past few months to overhaul the way the Trust is run to ensure we are a more modern and agile organisation capable of representing Dundee supporters.

You will have seen that our annual membership fee has risen to £10, a modest increase that was backed by the vast majority of those who completed our recent survey. This will help us expand our activities and, where appropriate, support the club’s development. This deduction will occur automatically on your renewal date and no action by yourself is necessary.

In a similar vein, our recent raffle of framed tops sponsored by Dee4Life in recent seasons – organised by Ross – raised £420 for our funds and the winners will be receiving their prizes by post shortly. We will also raffle/auction Paul McGowan’s 2021/22 awayshirt at our AGM on Saturday 19 November, when limited edition Dee4Life pin badges – an initiative by board member Mary Coyle – will also be on sale.

This will be the first occasion since pre-Covid that we have been able to hold an in-person AGM and we hope as many members as possible take the opportunity to attend. The event starts at 11am in Dundee Social Club and it is our intention to complete the formal part of the meeting as quickly as possible to allow the maximum time for questions from the floor and an open discussion about the direction of both Dee4Life and the club we all love.

The proposed development at Camperdown will no doubt be uppermost in the minds of many of you and we are keen to hear your thoughts about this at the AGM. As we shared with you last month, we have written to the club to ask that they consult with fans directly about the potential impact, risks and benefits of the development for the football club.

We have been gauging the views of experts in planning, property, construction, and the law as we seek to provide oversight on behalf of all Dundee fans. Given our club’s previous brushes with extinction, we believe this is essential. While we support the development in principle, our backing is contingent on the club addressing the issues that we outlined previously and fully engaging with supporters.

Kind regards.

Norrie

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Dear member,

Firstly, I apologise for the delay in getting October’s update to you all – so much has happened over the past month and we wanted some of our projects to reach fruition before circulating.

As part of our efforts to improve our digital presence, we have launched a new website at www.dee4life.com that incorporates a new membership management platform. This was a much-needed upgrade and the new platform will help automate a lot of the time-consuming administration work and ensure an improved experience for members.

Gone are manual spreadsheets, difficult to pull distribution lists and members’ communications relying on director intervention. Now, we can offer you a seamless customer experience including simplified 4-step sign-up process, multiple payment options, ability to self-update membership details, digital membership card and access to a members’ only portal to see trust documents.

This work has been led by our directors Ross Day and Ryan Norrie and forms a major part of our efforts over the past few months to overhaul the way the Trust is run to ensure we are a more modern and agile organisation capable of representing Dundee supporters.

You will have seen that our annual membership fee has risen to £10, a modest increase that was backed by the vast majority of those who completed our recent survey. This will help us expand our activities and, where appropriate, support the club’s development. This deduction will occur automatically on your renewal date and no action by yourself is necessary.

In a similar vein, our recent raffle of framed tops sponsored by Dee4Life in recent seasons – organised by Ross – raised £420 for our funds and the winners will be receiving their prizes by post shortly. We will also raffle/auction Paul McGowan’s 2021/22 awayshirt at our AGM on Saturday 19 November, when limited edition Dee4Life pin badges – an initiative by board member Mary Coyle – will also be on sale.

This will be the first occasion since pre-Covid that we have been able to hold an in-person AGM and we hope as many members as possible take the opportunity to attend. The event starts at 11am in Dundee Social Club and it is our intention to complete the formal part of the meeting as quickly as possible to allow the maximum time for questions from the floor and an open discussion about the direction of both Dee4Life and the club we all love.

The proposed development at Camperdown will no doubt be uppermost in the minds of many of you and we are keen to hear your thoughts about this at the AGM. As we shared with you last month, we have written to the club to ask that they consult with fans directly about the potential impact, risks and benefits of the development for the football club.

We have been gauging the views of experts in planning, property, construction, and the law as we seek to provide oversight on behalf of all Dundee fans. Given our club’s previous brushes with extinction, we believe this is essential. While we support the development in principle, our backing is contingent on the club addressing the issues that we outlined previously and fully engaging with supporters.

Kind regards.

Norrie
    Already read on e mail but guid you put up here.

Again I'd encourage any reader of this site who hasn't joined to join.

Excellent initiatives. Well done. Hope to attend AGM.

Anybody on here re/joined ? If so be very interested to hear what made you do so.
    The longer the club take to respond the greater the need there is in my view for folk to get behind D4L. Looks to me like we are more than ever being taken for granted. If anyone can also offer any suggestions as to how that can be good for the club I’d be grateful to hear all about that too. The latest attempt by D4L to engage I think becomes a fortnight come the weekend.
    We are not worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Anybody on here re/joined ? If so be very interested to hear what made you do so.
    The longer the club take to respond the greater the need there is in my view for folk to get behind D4L. Looks to me like we are more than ever being taken for granted. If anyone can also offer any suggestions as to how that can be good for the club I’d be grateful to hear all about that too. The latest attempt by D4L to engage I think becomes a fortnight come the weekend.
    We are not worthy.
    I rejoined a few mths back.

I rejoined because Nelms is treating DFC and the supporters like ****e and 200 300 500 or 1000 folk telling him that is better than the odd rant from me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I rejoined a few mths back.

I rejoined because Nelms is treating DFC and the supporters like ****e and 200 300 500 or 1000 folk telling him that is better than the odd rant from me about it.
    Exactly. I think Nelms has committed to the stadium and that is his main focus. I would expect him to let the football professionals to get on with their job and get us into second place with a view to winning the league come some good strategic additions to our side in January. He can't say much more about the stadium and this is a worry because the practical steps to actually getting the thing built are so obviously still at the concept stage.

Having a really effective and growing Dee4life should be an encouragement to our owners. It gives the lie to the often repeated description of our supporters as being apathetic. Being grumpy but with a good cause seems to me to sum up most football supporters.

Rejoined a few months back, strength in numbers, I think they should have another push for membership, maybe handing out leaflets with instructions how to join with there aims, at Dens before a home match

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Rejoined a few months back, strength in numbers, I think they should have another push for membership, maybe handing out leaflets with instructions how to join with there aims, at Dens before a home match
    Club wouldn't allow it

Couldn’t stop you if you don’t do it on there premises, they don’t own the paths around dens

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Couldn’t stop you if you don’t do it on there premises, they don’t own the paths around dens
    Near Dens would be OK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)