+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMAD World Cup Prediction Competition

CAM, do another update pal while you’re doing nowt 😉

2 games to go in the round of 16 and we do have a new leader at this point in time. Who is it? I'll publish the update tomorrow after the games. Nobody will have a perfect last 8 but we do have quite a few who will have 7/8 if both Spain and Portugal progress.

One bit of stop press news. I'll be paying out at least 30 quid even if my selected team to win it all does just that. If they don't then it's 50.

I recon I can still win this

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I recon I can still win this
    🤣 🤣

29 points, and counting

Max I could hit is 65

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    29 points, and counting

Max I could hit is 65
    Bramley, I'm currently 29 points also but I'm now relying on England going all the way that may give 59 points in total.

Can't see Switzerland bailing me out tonight so that may be 57 points instead.......got to stay positive

Maybe jumping the gun but I know Brin will be chomping at the bit and I'll be in meetings by the time the Portugal game ends. Assuming they go on to win here's the state of play as we enter the quarter final stages. Grist has his nose ahead but there are plenty chasing him. At this point we have about 7 players who have a chance of having 3 of the semi-finalists correct. Why is great_fire highlighted you ask? That's because he is done and can score no more points.

Name:  MMWCPL.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  83.7 KB

Goals scored so far = 148. Currently on target for 169. The 3.5 goals per game in the round of 16 bumped the average goals per game up from 2.5 to 2.64.

If it comes down to a tie breaker I think Edinburgh might regret his prediction of 246, unless of course we see 12 goals per game between now and the end of the competition
    Last edited by CAMiller; 06-12-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Not so much chomping as chewing the cud....I'm now solely reliant on England winning all for me.

My quarter finalists clearly let me down. Still in in though and owt can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bramley, I'm currently 29 points also but I'm now relying on England going all the way that may give 59 points in total.

Can't see Switzerland bailing me out tonight so that may be 57 points instead.......got to stay positive
    I'm now down to 63 max.
    Hoping England go all the way so you take the crown

Of the 19 players, 4 have none of their finalists left, 7 have 1 finalist left, 3 have both their finalists left but they can't both make the final and 5 have both their finalists and they can both make it to the final.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast