+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cashin red rescinded.

Cashin red rescinded.

Thank you ref. IMO it will be down to his wording in his match report. Looking at the situation, he got the call right. However, the club website is citing "for what was deemed to be denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity."

If there was no mention of failure to attempt to play the ball then the rescinding is a no brainer. I think that is what's happened. Fozzy was in a position where he might have been able to intervene and the FA appear to have accepted that.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Thank you ref. IMO it will be down to his wording in his match report. Looking at the situation, he got the call right. However, the club website is citing "for what was deemed to be denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity."

If there was no mention of failure to attempt to play the ball then the rescinding is a no brainer. I think that is what's happened. Fozzy was in a position where he might have been able to intervene and the FA appear to have accepted that.
    I know it’s a bit academic but does that mean Cashin’s career record and Derby’s season record will now omit this

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I know it’s a bit academic but does that mean Cashin’s career record and Derby’s season record will now omit this
    Yes. The card has been rescinded so it's gone, disappeared.

On a red card appeal the FA has 3 possibilities. Confirm the card which brings with it an extra game's suspension. Decide no further punishment is necessary, in which case, the card stands but there is no ban. Rescind meaning it shouldn't have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Yes. The card has been rescinded so it's gone, disappeared.

On a red card appeal the FA has 3 possibilities. Confirm the card which brings with it an extra game's suspension. Decide no further punishment is necessary, in which case, the card stands but there is no ban. Rescind meaning it shouldn't have been given.
    Ok so getting right down into the weeds, should it or remain ‘on file’ as a booking?

Rotherham fan in peace, that was never a red card, some of the refereeing as been diabolical, they never have to account for their mistakes which is infuriating and can be costly.
    BTW thank you for taking Paul Warne we owe you one, at the time we didn't realise but it has been a blessing in disguise. Good luck for the rest of the season

Ok so getting right down into the weeds, should it or remain ‘on file’ as a booking?
    An intriguing question. It was a straight red, wasn't it, I'm not sure you can be given a retrospective booking after the length of time that has passed, so I'm guessing he gets away scot free - well apart from not completing the match.

That said, I'd never thought I would see a penalty awarded after the final whistle had been blown, but one was in the champions league a few weeks ago, courtesy of good old VAR.

It doesn't get downgraded. No idea why not, apart from it's not in the regs. It was a straight red and, having read the ref's report, the FA decided he was wrong to give the red. It has been deleted, it is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by wacker04 View Post
    Rotherham fan in peace, that was never a red card, some of the refereeing as been diabolical, they never have to account for their mistakes which is infuriating and can be costly.
    BTW thank you for taking Paul Warne we owe you one, at the time we didn't realise but it has been a blessing in disguise. Good luck for the rest of the season
    Wacker me owd. You were 8th when he left, 14th now, 4 points off 8th and maybe 5 depending on how Millwall and Coventry get on in their games in hand, you've had 1 win in the last 5 games. How's that a blessing in disguise?

The football we are playing now is excellent to what we were playing under PW. Burnley, Norwich games we should have something out of, the win against the blades has been coming. last nights win was a superb performance and with Warne in charge would have been a different outlook. We have seen a huge change in our play and for the better, blessing in disguise? defiantly mi owd

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)