+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Dundee United

I seem to be in the minority as I actually enjoyed the game, maybe being there where the atmosphere was good helped? We can't complain about entertainment at Pittodrie this season so to win by grinding out a win and a clean sheet when they were throwing everything at us in the last 15 minutes was actually very satisfying in a perverse sort of way. Stewart came into his own as that was his sort of game. Other than his missed chance at the end I actually thought Kennedy did pretty well in that wing back position

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I seem to be in the minority as I actually enjoyed the game, maybe being there where the atmosphere was good helped? We can't complain about entertainment at Pittodrie this season so to win by grinding out a win and a clean sheet when they were throwing everything at us in the last 15 minutes was actually very satisfying in a perverse sort of way. Stewart came into his own as that was his sort of game. Other than his missed chance at the end I actually thought Kennedy did pretty well in that wing back position
    I thought Stewart had his best game for us yesterday, I think he enjoyed that second half.
    It was a good atmosphere last night, but I think the red shed idea has been one of Cormack's better ideas, certainly a lot more lively at matches now.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I tried a bovril for the first time today. Probably wont have it again.
    All the flavour is in the sludge at the bottom You need to stir it up more than you can imagine to dissolve it ?!!

( That and it`s rocket hot for too long, so you can`t gulp it down to concentrate the taste !! )

But aye , they`re not really fantastic at any time. Like a " Scotch " pie. Pale white " meat " that only tastes of pepper ?

Mind you, the customer base exists as the majority of the customers are blootered and just need to line theiir stomachs.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Did you go?
    I'm thinking the threat of your attendance was the reason for our overall subdued performance.
    I did go, so the Jonah tag can be parked for a bit.

South Stand near the fence so the “banter” with those caravan dwelling minks was the highlight of the day.

We’ve played much better, and I’ll never, ever accept any AFC side sitting in a surrendering the ball to them like we did second half.

But, that said,

Im actually quite encouraged as a clean sheet and demonstrating the ability to dig out a result when not at your best is something that’s been sorely lacking for a while.

Really nice move for the goal. Bojan and Duk linked up very well.

Defence was more solid. No Richardson, no coincidence. Stewart and Scales did well. McCrorie was ok, but he’s not a defender so ok is good.

I also, like one or two others, thought Kennedy did quite well overall and we were more solid down the right. Howling miss mind.

Break gives a chance to assess things. Three glaring needs. More height and physicality at the CH, a RB, and more size and strength in centre mid.

The McKenna and Ramsay add on cash, and £10m for Ferguson’s move to Juve should pay for all that 👍.

Ive been very critical of Goodwin recently (justified IMO) but to be fair 3rd and semi
    of cup is playing a par round so far so credit for that. Better than last year for sure.

Can’t help thinking what might have been if he wasn’t a tactical window licker mind.

That team and squad won’t get third, so the January window is crucial. Pains me to say it, but Hearts have a better squad than us just now and with no more European fitba and assuming their injuries clear up, they’ll pull away unless we improve.

So pass marks so far, but work to do over the break. COYR.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Most of us in the South Stand did. Just seemed to swerve past the goal. I think he should just have smashed the ball.
    Not his biggest critic but when he broke forward at no point did I think that would be a goal

Out of the RDS for this game as in Tenerife and watched the game at Zizzi’s. One thing for sure, we are entertaining right now. Even a 1-0 victory was a good football watch.
    Bizarrely, over the past 3 games (Hibs, Livi, Joot) I think the best we have played (opening 30 minutes aside) was against Livi and the game we lost.
    To be 3rd and in the LC semi is probably above par to be fair. And our games are damned exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Out of the RDS for this game as in Tenerife and watched the game at Zizzi’s. One thing for sure, we are entertaining right now. Even a 1-0 victory was a good football watch.
    Bizarrely, over the past 3 games (Hibs, Livi, Joot) I think the best we have played (opening 30 minutes aside) was against Livi and the game we lost.
    To be 3rd and in the LC semi is probably above par to be fair. And our games are damned exciting.
    Ah the good old Zizzi’s effect! Sun, cheap lager and a win would make anything entertaining 😀

Were the red shots out after the game ??

Why were the jutes held back at the end of the game on Saturday. First time I can recall an away support getting held in.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Why were the jutes held back at the end of the game on Saturday. First time I can recall an away support getting held in.
    Probably to allow the Cops to disperse our , err, " Young team" ?

Y`know, the young loons who cleverly disguise themselves by wearing all black clothes ?

Our very own Carpathian Brigade.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast