+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colchester

Colchester

Any renewal optimism for anybody? I assume Colkett will start. Will that push us forward? Will Bell have any impact on making us a more attacking proposition?
    I'm sticking to caution. Not sure if CBR will be fit enough so going for 1-1. Maybe Uwakwe will get a goal.

Yes I'm feeling a bit more optimistic, probably because of our opposition. Bell sounds like he might be a bit more attack minded and who knows after our late win last week he might have a lucky streak in him aswell. I'm going for a 3-1 win. Don't care who scores.

A classical example of how to put in a truly woeful display and win a game.

Missed the game today, but I said last season that this division wont be easy, those predicting promotion or even the play offs is living in cloud cuckoo land, so the most important thing is to keep scrapping away and picking up points, finding a way to win games, forget this Crewe Way narrative sometimes it's just a plain scrap and Bell said after the game everyone is up for it so that bodes well.

It was truly woeful. Sambou should understand from that performance that he is not a number 9.
    However, the positives: Arthur is truly emerging as a good goalkeeper and Luke Offord is confirming himself as one of the outstanding defenders of the division. Colkett looks like he could be useful in adding some entertainment to the team.
    Apart from those there's not much to say. I just can't wait much longer for the return of Mcdonald, Ainley, CBR and most of all Long.

We found a way to win a truly awful game. Arthur was mom with two blinding low down saves and the one decent bit of football with a superb cross from Uwakwe on to Agyei's head won us the game.
    Midfield subs Colkett and Finney improved us in the second half. Shout out to Sambou...the guy worked his socks off and it was appreciated by the crowd. Billy Sass is going backwards I'm afraid, good in the air, but the rest of a centre half's game has disappeared from his performance

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    It was truly woeful. Sambou should understand from that performance that he is not a number 9.
    However, the positives: Arthur is truly emerging as a good goalkeeper and Luke Offord is confirming himself as one of the outstanding defenders of the division. Colkett looks like he could be useful in adding some entertainment to the team.
    Apart from those there's not much to say. I just can't wait much longer for the return of Mcdonald, Ainley, CBR and most of all Long.
    Pretty much agree with all you have said there Gazan. We started the season with Ageyi at centre forward but that seems to have been scrapped. I'd have been feeling pretty depressed tonight without Arthur between the sticks that's for sure. Can't understand why BSD loses so many battles on the floor with his size and stature or am I wrong, the three games he has recently played we have not conceded a goal. Roll on McDonald and CBR returning, I'm not holding my breath for Long (no pun intended). Last point from me, when Adebesi first emerged I remember him as being extremely athletic, this seems to have disappeared.

Management

Crewe are going backwards fast, I'm sorry but the management are naive and out of there depth. It is not enough to take a coaching badge and state you are the manager, you have to manage. Forget the fact that we have too small a squad and a number of injuries to key players. The set up yesterday was appalling, two centre forwards but no link up play, in fact no mid field, it was kick and run stuff without any thought between two very poor teams. Only for the fact that Arthur was excellent and they couldn't hit a barn door saved us from a humiliating defeat.
    Bell and Morris are not good enough for a none league team which we will become if they are kept in charge. all bell did was waved his hands about during the game, then when enforced breaks happened he never once tried to give direction or orders but slunk away to the back of the box.
    The ''game'' was p..s poor and as bad as anything I saw last year. Having said all that we have 3 V. good players and a number of decent professionals. We just haven't got the management to make them gel.

Have to admit I am struggling to understand the logic of some posters. In the recent run we were finding it difficult to win a game and falling down the league table. When we conceded set pieces the CB pairing of Offord and McDonald was not working, panic mode was common and our young goalie was rushing out in the hope of clearances.

In the last 2 games with the pairing of Offord and BSD we have back to back wins and 2 clean sheets. In the Orient game BSD was clearly MoM. With this pairing our young keeper is calmer, happier, and more confident. In the Colchester game it should have been Arthur who should have been MoM. Amazingly some cannot wait for BSD to be replaced by McDonald. Strange.

Good strong post by Freddie

I'm certain if you asked Offord who he preferred as his partner he would choose McDonald over BSD every time. Luke only got booked yesterday because he didn't trust BSD to mop up. My MOM against Leyton Orient was Luke Offord. MOM yesterday Arthur. Different opinions, variety is the spice of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast