+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury v Barnsley match thoughts

Better side and three points so I suppose I should be happy but all I saw was two poor sides in a poor game which we edged.
    Roll on January.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Better side and three points so I suppose I should be happy but all I saw was two poor sides in a poor game which we edged.
    Roll on January.
    Agreed , pretty standard fayre to be honest , we will be there or thereabouts but nowt to get too excited about .

Duff's getting the max out of the budget and the group he's inherited so he's doing OK on that score .

It's .....

A million miles from the championship .

The most talking point was who’s in charge of the camera zoom, zoom.
    Ifollow 10 quid a game and employing YTS kids. It’s scandalous !

A better performance than Dans eleven the last time we played at their place.
    Did anyone notice our 55 passes in one phase of possession.
    We were average they were poor and we invited them late on with too many subs. All it needed was Cundy for Edward (injured) and Achi for Tedic.

I know we won - but we never looked like scoring.
    It’s a good job the Shrews are dreadful.

I thought Cole played well - but he needs help.
    Big Ted is probably going to be a good player - but he’s not ready yet.

It was clear before a ball was kicked this season that the target striker position hadn’t been filled.
    And it showed itself loud and clear again today.
    Cole isn’t a target striker but he tried his best.
    I’m sure we would be in the top 3 if Morris had stayed.
    January is the opportunity to replace him.

So in conclusion - a wins a win.
    But it was very frustrating to watch.

Last time we won there, we went up via the Play offs, hey maybe thats something to think about!. 😊
    Id have been disappointed if we hadn't won that today, but think how often does a slender 0-1 lead prove to be enough for us. It shows how poor the home team were as well I suppose.

It's a win and 3 points , nothing to get excited about , poor quality" football " from both side's , seen better Sunday League game's ,

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    The most talking point was who’s in charge of the camera zoom, zoom.
    Ifollow 10 quid a game and employing YTS kids. It’s scandalous !

A better performance than Dans eleven the last time we played at their place.
    Did anyone notice our 55 passes in one phase of possession.
    We were average they were poor and we invited them late on with too many subs. All it needed was Cundy for Edward (injured) and Achi for Tedic.
    Shrews commentary was pretty decent i thought Poggy ,

It's a results business.

If we achieve anything at the end of the season (automatic or Play Offs) then these three points could turn out to have been vi-tal.

Shorter run for Duff to get ooam fo the weekend.

The table shows where we need help in January and what Duff said when he joined? We need a Striker that is consistent in front of goal at this level.
    We have the joint best defensive record in the division and there are only 9 teams that have scored less goals than us! If you look at the top scorers Plymouth with 37 and us with 20, if we don’t solve this in January then the play off’s will be very hard to make!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    The table shows where we need help in January and what Duff said when he joined? We need a Striker that is consistent in front of goal at this level.
    We have the joint best defensive record in the division and there are only 9 teams that have scored less goals than us! If you look at the top scorers Plymouth with 37 and us with 20, if we don’t solve this in January then the play off’s will be very hard to make!
    Copy that Perky!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast