+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thred: MK Dons v Derby

Excellent result, didn't think the energy levels would be sufficient after mid week but some great performances got the points.
    The games keep coming with Torquay then Pompey on Friday! No let up.

Another top performance from Wildsmith, Decent debut by Rooney. Foz was massive. Pretty much even Stevens first half, neither side taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Speed on the break allied to us not having anyone within 15 yards of our own half saw them score first. If we'd have done that to them everybody would be saying great and despite it being their goal, I still feel the same. It took us no time to equalise through Roberts' header from a corner. Has Hourihane been taking tips from Sibs on delivery?

Different team 2nd half. On the front foot, pressing, harrying, winning the 2nd balls. Great assist from Johnson for Collo's goal. Nice interchange between NML and Bird for the 3rd. Well worth the 3 points for the win and I'm happy.

Talking points. Penalty? The defender put his right foot forward, NML had pushed the ball too far forward so he left his right leg hanging, created a slight contact and went down. I've seen them given but most refs would have given the free kick and the yellow as did this one.

Dobbins "goal"? Not seen a good angle to decide either in a photo or a video. I have seen a still taken at the point where Hourihane rolls his studs over the ball to push it to where he wants it. At that point Dobbs was stood offside. Where he was when the cross was hit is anybody's guess.

Very good 2nd half performance. I agree with Barks's decision to give the MOTM award to Fozzy. He's making this centre half play look natural to him. When Chester and Curt are fit again, PW will have a tough decision to make. Do we have a better CH pairing than Foz and Cash. I don't think we do.

Two week break from the League coming up but, if we beat Torquay on Tuesday, as we should, we have Newport away in the Cup on the Sunday and it's on TV.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 14-11-2022 at 09:49 AM.

And Collins has got his shooting boots on, what a difference Warne has made to him.

Collins was getting in good positions under Rosenior but under Warne we’re finding more space but we play more direct but importantly quickly. None of this sideways saddle rubbish allowing teams to sit in shape and wait for mistakes.

Warne for all the criticism has made us confident going away from home, we’ve looked dangerous bar Ipswich who were very well organised to be fair to them.

Its our home performances that need a bit of tweaking, we’ll get there and with January coming add 2 or 3 and we should be eying the playoffs at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)