+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Toney

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I understand why he hasn't taken Toney, but if we have to take penalties he will regret not having him there, best penalty taker I've seen in years! Having said that the one he missed against us when at Posh must have been the last one he missed!
    For me he's made a mistake not taking Harvey Barnes who is on fire at Leicester, the lad can turn a game on his own!
    How Phillips got in when not playing a game all season is baffling!
    Gareth likes his so called tried and trusted at tournament football and to be fair he's taken us to the stages of tournaments we don't see .

However to finally get over the line you need to think a bit outside of the box which Gareth doesn't do .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Gareth likes his so called tried and trusted at tournament football and to be fair he's taken us to the stages of tournaments we don't see .

However to finally get over the line you need to think a bit outside of the box which Gareth doesn't do .
    Agree with that. Time for a change in manager after the world cup. In my opinion, we need someone who has more tactical awareness and an ability to change the direction of the team when games aren't going well. Southgate failed to do that against Croatia in 2018 and Italy in 2021. In fact, he blew both games from a winning position by trying to shut up shop and it backfired big time. The camaraderie is now established amongst the players, the quality is there, we just need a top manager now to take us over the line.

I don't know if Toney isn't good enough, because that just hasn't been proved yet.
    But I really can't understand why he wasn't given a chance in the recent Nations league matches, surely that was the perfect stage to test him in the build up to a World cup.

I don't know if he's in the squad for the WC ? Rashford , he looked poor what bit I saw of him today at Fulham ,

So that's why he's not gone to the World Cup then .

Likes a bit of a bet does Ivan , allegedly .

Blimey, if found guilty on so many breaches he could be out of the game for a couple of years.

As I say to my kids NMP = not my problem

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So that's why he's not gone to the World Cup then.
    Likes a bit of a bet does Ivan, allegedly.
    So hes a bit like Frankie 4 fingers then ?. 😂

He has denied that the recent betting allegations cost him a place in the England Squad and states he is gutted he will not be involved in Monday’s 2-2 draw with Iran

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    He has denied that the recent betting allegations cost him a place in the England Squad and states he is gutted he will not be involved in Monday’s 2-2 draw with Iran
    Nice one Poggs

Oh dear me. 232 alleged breaches is a lot and therefore makes it a real risk to take him to the world cup. I take back my previous comment; I wouldn't take him if he's facing these allegations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast