+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How are we going to buck the trend?

How are we going to buck the trend?

It seems like there's a trend happening with us at the minute and the positive is only at home while away we fall apart. 3 to 4 goals for at VP and 3 to 4 when away. This tells its own story, something the tactician that is Emery, will have to work out! Why can we be polar opposites? What can he do today to buck the trend, well not play Olsen would be a good start and as we are away, drop the high line, we do not have the defenders to cope with this system, iys embarrassing to keep seeing Mings looking like Bambi.....pack the midfield and go 442 maybe with just Watkins and Bailey up front, Buendia struggles away from home so does Ings and forget McGinn, the eggs have stopped boiling there! Brighton are up there for a reason and we must stop their flowing play. 442 for me.
    ...................Em1
    Cash..Konsa..Mings...Digne
    JJ.....Donks...Kammy....Luiz
    .........Bailey......Watkins

Thoughts....

1. Ball not sticking up top.

2. Too much fking around dribbling ourselves into trouble, in between mid and def.

3. None of the defence looks/is comfortable on the ball. Who else panics when we pass it along the back line? Hot potato syndrome.

1. Buy. We'll have to struggle on v Dippers and spuds, cos the ball will never stick to auld rubber boots, and the other lad don't look fit. Archer??

2. Play the fking ball, no overplaying in sh1tty areas.

3. Mix it up, we're too predictable at the back, Long and short. Hoof and pass, play and run.

Agreed this passage of play between the keeper and defence resulting in a panicked hoof up to no-one is baffling. Got to stop, it makes me too nervous!

Well we did it again within the 1st minute but recovered🙄 I think the players heard me scream. If that's how you have to play to get 3 points so be it. UTV

I really don't like the timewasting and sh1thousery that goes on but it now has to done otherwise the opposition have an advantage. Football is meant to be entertainment, football boots are like slippers these days so it's flippin' painful when you're trodden on but grown men behaving like they've been properly clattered gets right up my nose.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)