+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Third anniversary approaching

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    How has it affected peoples everyday lives leaving the EU?? I haven't really noticed any difference.
    Empty supermarket shelves and higher prices.

Obviously not solely down to Brexit, but it's played a part.

How has it affected peoples everyday lives leaving the EU?? I haven't really noticed any difference.

My business still imports and exports into the EU via the correct paperwork and have seen little difference, if anything I trade more. However I know a few people who run businesses who have the attitude of "I didn't need to do this before so I'm not doing it now" who do nothing but moan that they're losing business!! Well stop being such a tw@t and do the paperwork which doesn't take long!!
    So what was the point ?

For all the grief, fall in GDP, passport queues, children's desire to live in EU lost etc. etc. The big benefit is that you can do what you did before with a bit more paperwork ? I don't know your business but for many that paperwork is uneconomic. For what ?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    So what was the point ?

For all the grief, fall in GDP, passport queues, children's desire to live in EU lost etc. etc. The big benefit is that you can do what you did before with a bit more paperwork ? I don't know your business but for many that paperwork is uneconomic. For what ?
    Exactly. All such a pointless, needless waste of time, energy and money, and it allowed Johnson and Truss to become prime minister with all the ensuing consequences. And now the people who voted for it either don’t want to talk about it or pretend it hasn’t made any difference.

Luckily myself and the kids have Irish passports, feel for those who haven’t got that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

I don't know if you're any of the Japanese monkeys or all three, but those who supported Brexit quite loudly on here three years ago seem to have gone very quiet since then. If I'm missing something, then any Brexiteers can highlight all the benefits we've gained since leaving.
    I try to be all three, as a matter of interest do you actually believe that repeatably posting your political view on a football forum has or will change anything or anyone or is it just a way for you & others to boost their post count? as the op says it's now 3 years & I haven't seen anyone change their stance one iota.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    ... as the op says it's now 3 years & I haven't seen anyone change their stance one iota.
    Numerous polls from many sources say that isn't the case though. In my view continually pointing out the lies and delusions and negative outcomes by any means available is essential to benefit my children's future. Otherwise the deluded will continue to believe all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    So what was the point ?

All the grief, what the typical British "Oh I don't like change" attitude. Fall in GDP is a worldwide issue, in case you missed the worldwide pandemic and the war in Ukraine is now having a massive affect on it. I went to Belgium and France this year with no real issues getting back into the UK from the EU. Your children can still live anywhere in the EU but will require a work permit which seems fair enough to me. Maybe we should have the same criteria? haha!!

I try to be all three, as a matter of interest do you actually believe that repeatably posting your political view on a football forum has or will change anything or anyone or is it just a way for you & others to boost their post count?
    It's called taking part in a discussion. You don't have to read it.

as the op says it's now 3 years & I haven't seen anyone change their stance one iota.
    As frenchmagpie says there a several polls all saying that if the vote was held again a majority would remain, such as this:

The tide in Britain appears to have turned since the 2016 Brexit referendum. According to a new poll, only 43% of the British population consider that the UK's departure from the European Union was a good decision, while 57% believe it was a mistake.

Even if they're not saying it, the silence of many leavers on here suggests they may no longer feel the same.

Still happy with my vote to exit the EU thanks. Pointless arguing on here, no one will change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Still happy with my vote to exit the EU thanks. Pointless arguing on here, no one will change their minds.
    Do tell, please, on what grounds do you remain happy with your decision to vote Out

My business still imports and exports into the EU via the correct paperwork and have seen little difference, if anything I trade more. However I know a few people who run businesses who have the attitude of "I didn't need to do this before so I'm not doing it now" who do nothing but moan that they're losing business!! Well stop being such a tw@t and do the paperwork which doesn't take long!!
    You're either spinning a fib (which as a longstanding and trustworthy Magpie I think is unlikely) or you have been extremely lucky. What is your business, by the way?
    One factor for me has been my dependence on certain medications and equipment which are manufactured in EU countries. There have been periods when I have had to improvise because of 'stock shortages'. These same stock shortages are apparent in most local supermarkets. Or do you leave the shopping to others?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast