+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 🎾O/T:- Padel courts at Meadow Lane

It's a great game and really opens up tennis to a larger age range.

Hopefully it really takes off at this site as it has done across large parts of mainland Europe, and at a centre in West London that I used to visit weekly.

It looks like the courts open in a weeks time:

"Many thanks for your enquiry. The courts are scheduled to open on Tuesday 22 November and can be booked at ‘nottinghampadelcentre.com’. Rackets are available to hire from the Notts County Football Club shop on Meadow Lane during normal opening hours Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm. I look forward to seeing you here".

The address in the email didn't work, but details can be found here:

https://sportyfriends.com/en/nottingham-padel-centre

It's not cheap, with a one hour weekday booking costing £18 up to 12 noon and £24 from 1pm onwards. Weekends are £24 up to 12 noon and £30 from 1pm onwards. Not too bad if you play doubles and split it 4 ways. There doesn't seem to be any discounted rates for seniors, ST holders etc. I'll try and get some of my squash group to give it a go first.

The hourly costs are probably due to the high tendency to play 'doubles' in this sport. So any cost split 4-ways and makes it reasonably priced.

Those costs are pretty much in line with booking indoor courts at the tennis centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It looks like the courts open in a weeks time:

"Many thanks for your enquiry. The courts are scheduled to open on Tuesday 22 November and can be booked at ‘nottinghampadelcentre.com’. Rackets are available to hire from the Notts County Football Club shop on Meadow Lane during normal opening hours Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm. I look forward to seeing you here".

The address in the email didn't work, but details can be found here:

https://sportyfriends.com/en/nottingham-padel-centre

It's not cheap, with a one hour weekday booking costing £18 up to 12 noon and £24 from 1pm onwards. Weekends are £24 up to 12 noon and £30 from 1pm onwards. Not too bad if you play doubles and split it 4 ways. There doesn't seem to be any discounted rates for seniors, ST holders etc. I'll try and get some of my squash group to give it a go first.
    I think someone at the centre or the club's read your post because the first link is also working now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think someone at the centre or the club's read your post because the first link is also working now.
    I hope they also read the 'discount for seniors and ST holders' bit!

I hope they also read the 'discount for seniors and ST holders' bit!
    Fingers crossed! Seems like a pretty 'normal' concession scheme to offer. Maybe they're saving that announcement as another media and marketing opportunity for later.

Try Padel for free!

Construction of a four-court padel centre on land at the rear of the Kop is now very close to completion – and we’re offering free play to everyone for the remainder of 2022.

Building works commenced in June and, with the courts now assembled, we are ensuring that the necessary final safety demands are met before opening Nottingham Padel Centre to the public.

We have therefore scheduled Tuesday 29 November as the opening day of play.

The facility has ample parking, toilet and washroom facilities, as well as a kiosk housing seating. A cycle shelter and vending machines dispensing drinks and sleeves of padel balls are expected to be installed shortly. As a security measure and aligned to the booking process, these machines will require payment by credit/debit card.

We have been very encouraged by the level of interest and positive comments on the project, which unfortunately experienced delays due to supply issues, and as a gesture of appreciation for your patience we have decided to make play free of charge for the remainder of the calendar year. We hope this will compensate for the disappointment caused by the delayed opening and offer an opportunity for newcomers to the game to try it without any obligation or commitment.

To avoid duplication and to allow access to the facility, courts must still be booked by clicking here. Prices for all courts will be set at zero for the remainder of 2022.

We have also purchased 20 padel rackets for rental and 20-dozen padel balls for sale through the club shop during opening hours. A security deposit in the form of a valid credit/debt card will be required for racket hire.

If you wish to be kept updated on Nottingham Padel Centre you can join our mailing list by clicking here.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/padel-launch-151122/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-11-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks a lot for that Swale, I knew the opening had been delayed but playing for free is a great offer. I've just booked two courts at 10am on 9th and 23rd Dec, I'll be trying to get my usual squash mates involved for the first one hoping it will become a regular thing, but happy to offer three places on the 23rd to anyone who can make it on here.

Thanks a lot for that Swale, I knew the opening had been delayed but playing for free is a great offer. I've just booked two courts at 10am on 9th and 23rd Dec, I'll be trying to get my usual squash mates involved for the first one hoping it will become a regular thing, but happy to offer three places on the 23rd to anyone who can make it on here.
    Might be an odd question but is it outdoor courts only?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast