+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 🎾O/T:- Padel courts at Meadow Lane

🎾O/T:- Padel courts at Meadow Lane

Thought I'd ask here first, so does anyone with connections to the club know what's happening with them? The last official update suggested they should be finished by now, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet. I play in a regular group of around a dozen squash and racketball players, and was keen to try and introduce them to not only a booming sport but also to Meadow Lane.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-01-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thought I'd ask here first, so does anyone with connections to the club know what's happening with them? The last official update suggested they should be finished by now, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet. I play in a regular group of around a dozen squash and racketball players, and was keen to try and introduce them to not only a booming sport but also to Meadow Lane.
    At the fans' forum one of the Reedtz brothers mentioned that they were looking forward to the courts being opened. I don't think they quoted a date or timeframe though.

Do you play team squash in the Notts league by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Do you play team squash in the Notts league by any chance?
    I used to play team squash in the Notts and Derbys leagues many years ago, now it's more of a social (but still competitive) thing.

When the padel courts do open it would be nice to think we could get some sort of NCFC supporters group to give it a go. Maybe not the numbers on here, but those who do wider social media might make it happen.

Where do you play? I'd like to give it a go..

I used to play team squash in the Notts and Derbys leagues many years ago, now it's more of a social (but still competitive) thing.

When the padel courts do open it would be nice to think we could get some sort of NCFC supporters group to give it a go. Maybe not the numbers on here, but those who do wider social media might make it happen.
    I'd definitely be interested in that

Ah, OK. I've played for about 10 years in the leagues - always a good crack. It's a shame squash isn't as popular as it used to be.

I'd be up for giving the Padel thing a go. It looks a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Where do you play? I'd like to give it a go..
    We play at Hucknall Leisure Centre every Sunday morning, where two courts are usually booked from 8:45 until 10:15. It's done on a very informal basis, sometimes only four will turn up which means you are on court nearly all the time, sometimes there will be eight or so when players alternate. Both squash and racketball (now known as squash57) are played, and all standards are catered for. Anyone is welcome to come along, you don't need equipment as there are always spares. It's a very friendly bunch and anyone is welcome to join.

I think they had a delay with getting power to site because of trent bridge being closed for some time. (they couldn't dig up the road to limit any further traffic delays tot he area)

Anyway I'm up for trying it out once completed, I play squash now and again down carlton forum but not to any decent standard.

I am up for a game too. I currently play at the Portland so playing behind the Kop makes it a great location

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast