+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 🎾O/T:- Padel courts at Meadow Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I assume you're talking about buying rather than hiring. I've seen them at Decathlon for £30 - £300, but I think me and my crew would want to give it a go before we buy. Can't find any hire prices.
    Sorry yes, purchase prices.

Very suprised the courts do not have a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I can see the vending machines getting vandalised

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I'm not, partly due to their historic popularity in warm weather climates such as Spain, and partly due to the cost. Good roofs don't come cheap.

Understandably it's a more seasonal game over here but I have seen Padel Courts in this country both open like 5 aside pitches and covered which look very fancy £££

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    If you'd have read the article and viewed the picture, there is obviously no roof to those courts.

They still have 12 days to put one on before it officially opens
    Apologies to you, not knowing the sport I assumed it was indoor, especially with it having changing rooms, toilets, and vending machines, and more so with our changing weather.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm not, partly due to their historic popularity in warm weather climates such as Spain, and partly due to the cost. Good roofs don't come cheap.

Understandably it's a more seasonal game over here but I have seen Padel Courts in this country both open like 5 aside pitches and covered which look very fancy £££
    Managed to get a booking on 6th December, can't wait to try it out!

The courts have now opened. A bit of info from the club:

NOTTINGHAM PADEL CENTRE
    OPERATIONAL INFORMATION

Court Opening

The padel courts opened on schedule this morning, with the first booking at 7am. The purpose of this note is to convey more detailed information on the operation of the courts for those people who have already made bookings, and those who are intending to do so in the future, in order that the experience is as enjoyable as possible for all players.

Facility and Access

The courts are situated on the area used for car parking at the rear of Notts County Football Club’s Kop stand and are accessed through the dedicated entrance on Iremonger Road only. There is no access from Meadow Lane or any part of the Club’s ground.

Access to both the car park and courts is controlled by keypads activated by an access code which is sent on confirmation of booking. Bookings made before 29 November all have the same access code as full system integration had not been completed at the time of booking, but all future bookings will have their own individual access code.

Booking

The glitch in the booking system which meant available time slots were not shown to anyone logged into the site has now been resolved. Available slots are coloured green and those slots which have already been booked are coloured pink.

Equipment

Rackets are available to hire at £5 per booking and a tube of three balls for sale at £5 from the club shop on Meadow Lane between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 1pm on Saturdays – any items you hire or buy must be sourced before you enter the padel facility on Iremonger Road as there is no direct access between the courts and club shop.

Coaching

An experienced padel coach – Daniel Sweeney – is working with the facility and he will be present at busy times to provide a basic introduction to the rules to those who are totally new to padel, and coaching up to an advanced level for those already familiar with the sport. Dan also has a stock of rackets for hire and balls for sale when he is at the facility.

He will also be available by prior arrangement at other times to provide specific coaching advice and tuition. Dan’s contact details are ‘drsinvestments.gb@gmail.com’ and 07967 678679.

Player listing

A number of potential padel players have expressed an interest in the sport but have no regular playing partners. If you fall into this category, please send us your contact details in the ‘contact us’ section at ‘www.nottinghampadelcentre.com’ and we will compile a list from which you can arrange to meet and play with other people in a similar situation.

Had my first game on a very frosty court this morning. The glass was completely frosted over and you wouldn't know it was transparent until the sun peeped over the Kop stand and melted a corner! Really enjoyed it, but there were only two of us and it's definitely a game for doubles. Well worth a try for anyone interested as the courts are free for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Had my first game on a very frosty court this morning. The glass was completely frosted over and you wouldn't know it was transparent until the sun peeped over the Kop stand and melted a corner! Really enjoyed it, but there were only two of us and it's definitely a game for doubles. Well worth a try for anyone interested as the courts are free for the rest of the year.
    I'd really like to try this out so if you need an extra player let me know!

Elite. I also played last week as a singles match - enjoyed it although doubles may be easier! Had a court booked next week but canning it as its bloody freezing!

If we have enough interest we ought to get a regular NCFC mad session set up

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast