+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QOS v Montrose

People are entitled to an opinion. Said opinions might not fall in line with the more (ahem) loud people on here but they are just the opinions of paying fans I would assume. I'm neither here nor there with the status of the management team however to play devils advocate for a second........how long does the manager get before he's no longer bedding/settling in? With the group of players in place and the obvious ability to destroy teams in that league, a play off place should be the least that is being aimed for.

Well that was unexpected. A great result against a very decent team. I think most Queens fans want Wullie to succeed but the performance of his defenders have put him under pressure. He does seem to be able to get a reaction from the team what we now need is that mind set to carry on to the next game and beyond.
    Having the three natural midfielders obviously helps. Ian Wilson had a great game he carried the ball so well when we were down to 10 men. East is so important to the defence but the two McKays were okay as was Max. I would like to see Max forgetting about the officials and put that energy into his game and organising his defence. We have scored more league goals than Dunfermline but conceded an eye watering 17 more goals. It does not take a genius to see where we have work to do.
    I didn't see what Rico got his first yellow card for but he was always going to see a second for his push provoked or not. In hindsight he should maybe of been subbed but Wullie also needs responsibility from experienced players.
    There was a lot to like an
    Can't sign of without highlighting the importance of Paton's two goals and assists and the quality of the two second half crosses from Lewis. The intent and responsibility are great to see.
    Well done good entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    Well that was unexpected. A great result against a very decent team. I think most Queens fans want Wullie to succeed but the performance of his defenders have put him under pressure. He does seem to be able to get a reaction from the team what we now need is that mind set to carry on to the next game and beyond.
    Having the three natural midfielders obviously helps. Ian Wilson had a great game he carried the ball so well when we were down to 10 men. East is so important to the defence but the two McKays were okay as was Max. I would like to see Max forgetting about the officials and put that energy into his game and organising his defence. We have scored more league goals than Dunfermline but conceded an eye watering 17 more goals. It does not take a genius to see where we have work to do.
    I didn't see what Rico got his first yellow card for but he was always going to see a second for his push provoked or not. In hindsight he should maybe of been subbed but Wullie also needs responsibility from experienced players.
    There was a lot to like an
    Can't sign of without highlighting the importance of Paton's two goals and assists and the quality of the two second half crosses from Lewis. The intent and responsibility are great to see.
    Well done good entertainment.
    Good post and right to highlight the goals we have lost but none conceded yesterday so long may it continue. Paton worked hard as usual and took his goals well which earned him the sponsors' man of the match but for me big Shug (Wilson) was the outstanding Queens player on view by a country mile.

Well done Queens. Once again we have scored 4 goals and looked extremely convincing. The issue is a serious lack of consistency. Now we know that it's not just one team that we can beat convincingly, we should take that self belief into every game. The frustrating thing for the supporters who go regularly is trying to explain the lack of effort every other week.
    JR is absolutely correct, we can be in the play offs at the top end, but we need to work hard every time to get there.

Morten Kalvenes the assistant manager of Norwegian Champions Bodo Glimpt was at Palmerston yesterday as a guest of former player Graeme Muir.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    People are entitled to an opinion. Said opinions might not fall in line with the more (ahem) loud people on here but they are just the opinions of paying fans I would assume. I'm neither here nor there with the status of the management team however to play devils advocate for a second........how long does the manager get before he's no longer bedding/settling in? With the group of players in place and the obvious ability to destroy teams in that league, a play off place should be the least that is being aimed for.
    My tuppenceworth but a guy still in his 30s - in his first full season in management - should be cut a bit of slack.

Montrose were the dirtiest team I've seen for a long time. Sime real hammer throwers in there that started to lose their discipline as the game slipped away from them

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Montrose were the dirtiest team I've seen for a long time. Sime real hammer throwers in there that started to lose their discipline as the game slipped away from them
    Yeh they were a big physical side. Glad we sent them home with a heavy defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    My tuppenceworth but a guy still in his 30s - in his first full season in management - should be cut a bit of slack.
    Also nice to see Gavin Reilly score his 50th Queens career goal in his 90 - plus starts and 60 - odd appearances from the bench

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)