+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QOS v Montrose

QOS v Montrose

Is this a case of win or burst for Oor Willie this weekend?
    Reading several social media sites yesterday suggests a good few supporters have had enough and are wanting him sacked. Personally I’m don’t really want anyone to loose their jobs but it’s a result driven industry and the pressure is on Willie.
    A victory this Saturday is a must IMO.

As I've said previously, I think Wullie can still do it for Queens, but he now needs to stop tinkering and play his strongest hand.
    Young Currie is a great shot and penalty stopper, but for me Fox commands his area and instructs his defence and that is the Ace card for building a team that can start stringing results together....something Queens have failed to do this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    As I've said previously, I think Wullie can still do it for Queens, but he now needs to stop tinkering and play his strongest hand.
    Young Currie is a great shot and penalty stopper, but for me Fox commands his area and instructs his defence and that is the Ace card for building a team that can start stringing results together....something Queens have failed to do this season.
    Hopefully a couple of central defenders and a decent striker can be picked up in the January window. Another difficult game beckons on Saturday against a Montrose side that has only lost 15 goals - come on Queens !

A big physical and well organised team like Montrose is what we’ve been struggling against this season. I’m dreading it after last weekends 2nd half performance and we’ll probably see a crowd of under 1,000.

Saying that though , I’ll still be there.

An 800 crowd with 30 away supporters will be the order of the day on Saturday, - which is very much self inflicted by Queens. The time has now come to play the strongest team available and work their socks off......................and that's in every game please.

We're into the dark days of winter and the fans need something to warm them up before they venture out. Thoughts of the 3-1 defeat by Falkirk and the 5-1 thrashing by Alloa don't inspire people I'm afraid.

Yes, - even the most optimistic of fans is saying come on Wullie, - enough is enough, - let's get this season started please.

Attendances at Palmerston have been a real concern over the last 5-6 seasons with more and more people finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Even when Sir Stephen was here we didn’t get crowds the size he deserved.
    Worrying times.

Wullie said at the beginning of the season that one of AJ's biggest issues was having too large a squad of players to choose from which made it difficult to keep everyone happy. I think the squad this season is even bigger than last and this may be one of his biggest headaches on a weekly basis. Perhaps he should to offload a number, especially those how are not stepping up to the mark when the opportunity arises, come January to easy the selection process.

Mmm......I'm not entirely sure about that when we have players like Wilson who gets injured every week and Cochrane who struggles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Mmm......I'm not entirely sure about that when we have players like Wilson who gets injured every week and Cochrane who struggles as well.
    A squad of 28 players looks a bit excessive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    A squad of 28 players looks a bit excessive to me.
    It’s not about the size of the squad, it’s about the quality of the squad, and that’s where the issues are. We have maybe three players who I would say are decent championship players, or players that will walk into any other team in our league. As for the rest. They are average league one players, and that is down to the manager as they are his signings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)