+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Notts Player Signs For...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What a great player, and for us, capable of playing at the highest level ..
    Yep, I was a massive fan of Yates, but Short for me was a class above when he came in. I think him, Drapes and Johnson were unlucky not to even hit higher heights than they did.

Only just seen this but Keith Curle was sacked as Hartlepool manager a couple of weeks back...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64737926

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Only just seen this but Keith Curle was sacked as Hartlepool manager a couple of weeks back...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64737926
    Out of the eight clubs he has managed, his best win rate actually came at Notts - 45.1%. Definitely the most unpopular Notts manager with such a decent win rate.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Out of the eight clubs he has managed, his best win rate actually came at Notts - 45.1%. Definitely the most unpopular Notts manager with such a decent win rate.
    Didn't even know he was manager there. The Hartlepool curse! Both Allen and Curle lost their Notts jobs after losing at their place and IIRC the next manager following those two - Chris Kiwomya - was sacked on the day the FA Cup draw was made, we got Hartlepool away!

Curle only won 2 of his last 12 home games at Notts, which probably explains his unpopularity. LW still on course to beat his unbeaten away league record thanks to the injury time equaliser on Saturday. Curle went 19 unbeaten, LW currently 14.

Well I never - Good lad!Name:  Colby Bishop .jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Well I never - Good lad!Name:  Colby Bishop .jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  14.8 KB
    Shaun Derry saw his ability and gave him a three year contract. Unfortunately, the managers that followed failed to give him a chance and instead spent however much on journeyman forwards.

It's a fact that our youth system in recent years hasn't been prolific in producing talent compared with the Mick Walker days of the 80's/90's, but that makes it even more galling that some of the talents we have produced - thinking of Curtis Thompson and Colby Bishop in particular - were allowed to walk away for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Shaun Derry saw his ability and gave him a three year contract. Unfortunately, the managers that followed failed to give him a chance and instead spent however much on journeyman forwards.

It's a fact that our youth system in recent years hasn't been prolific in producing talent compared with the Mick Walker days of the 80's/90's, but that makes it even more galling that some of the talents we have produced - thinking of Curtis Thompson and Colby Bishop in particular - were allowed to walk away for nothing.
    Curtis Thompson was just stupidity on Nolan's part but Bishop remember had to drop to National League North (and possibly lower!) Before finding his feet. He need game time that he wasn't getting at Notts and we didn't have the budget to wait. I would imagine that our current owners probably would have been willing but the previous owners knew the cost of everything and the value of nothing

I believe if we go back into the FL we get more money for the Academy.
    I know of a 16 yr old lad who has been offered a 1 year contract ..but only if we go up

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That was more to do with our away record. We were crap at home.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast