+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Notts Player Signs For...

A comment I noticed about Kyle Wootton from a Stockport fan on another board:

Wootton has been brilliant. A few fans who couldn't see past goals were moaning about him at the start of the season but everyone really rates him now. He's not a prolific goal scorer (5 goals so far) but his hold up play, flick ons and physicality are invaluable to the way we play. He has played a massive role in most of the goals we've scored this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Losing Bialkowski was the beginning of the drop Notts had. Derry then threw Speiss under the bus and we signed Roy Carroll who was a decent keeper for sure but for me, it was the turning point that Notts were in trouble
    There was a big budget cut at the start of that season and the most surprising thing was how well we started. Everything was going well until about November but then we just tanked, which perhaps wasn't surprising given that we were heavily reliant on some grizzled veterans and a few young players of dubious quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A comment I noticed about Kyle Wootton from a Stockport fan on another board:

Wootton has been brilliant. A few fans who couldn't see past goals were moaning about him at the start of the season but everyone really rates him now. He's not a prolific goal scorer (5 goals so far) but his hold up play, flick ons and physicality are invaluable to the way we play. He has played a massive role in most of the goals we've scored this season.
    I’m glad he’s doing well and that the Stockport fans see what most of us fans saw in him.

Ex Notts players not playing for other clubs

I saw an article from October in which Jim Goodwin was saying how hopeful he was that Cal would be back from his hamstring injury after the World Cup break (he's played twice). I admired his optimism if nothing else

There's never ever mention of what Jake Reeves is doing at Stevenage - playing every game in a team that looks like it's running away with a promotion to L1

Many of our fans never worked out how playing in Ardley's system with Doyle, who took his role, held back a really good player. He's proving this now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There's never ever mention of what Jake Reeves is doing at Stevenage - playing every game in a team that looks like it's running away with a promotion to L1

Many of our fans never worked out how playing in Ardley's system with Doyle, who took his role, held back a really good player. He's proving this now.
    You forgetting last season where Stevenage struggled with Reeves playing most games. Basically they've got Fatty Evans in who's done his usual and spent a fortune on players. It's not Reeves that is doing it, it's the over priced players, expect financial difficulties for them in the near future

As he's a regular in a team that's 2nd, W13 L3 and on course to be a L1 starting midfielder, it deserves a mention and some credit, Evans or not.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    As he's a regular in a team that's 2nd, W13 L3 and on course to be a L1 starting midfielder, it deserves a mention and some credit, Evans or not.
    Reeves was really good when IB first arrived and was pivotal to our improvement in the run in that season…as was JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Reeves was really good when IB first arrived and was pivotal to our improvement in the run in that season…as was JOB.
    I always thought reeves was pretty decent for us. He got branded into the old midfield trio for us, which was crazy because he was 28 and doing a lot of running and Tbf JOBS still doing a lot running even now, granted Doyle wasn’t that mobile :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You forgetting last season where Stevenage struggled with Reeves playing most games. Basically they've got Fatty Evans in who's done his usual and spent a fortune on players. It's not Reeves that is doing it, it's the over priced players, expect financial difficulties for them in the near future
    They shouldn't even be in the league, they finished rock bottom a couple of seasons ago and were reprieved by two clubs going bust.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast