+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Notts Player Signs For...

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    They shouldn't even be in the league, they finished rock bottom a couple of seasons ago and were reprieved by two clubs going bust.
    If we'd have been able to survive in the league that way, we would have taken it!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There's never ever mention of what Jake Reeves is doing at Stevenage - playing every game in a team that looks like it's running away with a promotion to L1

Many of our fans never worked out how playing in Ardley's system with Doyle, who took his role, held back a really good player. He's proving this now.
    You're right - he barely gets a mention. He was a good player for us, but in the same way Langstaff made fans forget about Wootton, the signing of Palmer made the loss of Reeves palatable.

I thought Reeves was a decent player in the right team. However, his passing ability was terrible so really didn’t suit our style of play.

Nah, I thought Reeve's passing was good. It was Doyle, DKE, Turner, McCrory, Miller and players still with us who tended to give it away and struggled to play the passing style NA (kind of) wanted then. When NA was gone, and Reeves finally had Ruben in the team, the style started to make sense.
    Reeves does a good job of knitting play together, which I'm sure he's doing now at the top of L2.

Talking of ex-players, nice to see one of our own, David McGoldrick, nabbing a hat-trick against some tinpot club today

Talking of ex-players, nice to see one of our own, David McGoldrick, nabbing a hat-trick against some tinpot club today
    Also noticed that Callum McGregor and Kion Etete were on the scoresheet.

That's his second hat-trick of the season - and he's now in double figures. At the age of 35 McGoldrick is on for a career best goalscoring season. Good on him!

Also on the scoresheet today was Callum McGregor for Celtic. Of those 2013 loannees it's usually Grealish who gets all the plaudits, but what a fine career Callum has had since those early days on loan to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Also noticed that Callum McGregor and Kion Etete were on the scoresheet.
    Etete’s goal was excellent - got clear of the defenders and placed the ball over the keeper’s head.

And an assist for Barnsley ‘s first goal could be claimed by Matty Wolfe. That’s the first I’ve heard of him since he left Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Etete’s goal was excellent - got clear of the defenders and placed the ball over the keeper’s head.

And an assist for Barnsley ‘s first goal could be claimed by Matty Wolfe. That’s the first I’ve heard of him since he left Notts
    Think he has been doing ok actually. Want to say he had a spell out in Denmark but can't be sure.

Mc gold Rick still a Notts fan I believe

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast