+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aging.

Aging.

Most of you blokes must be about my age which is 65, are you having problems getting older? Can you concieve of all of this coming to an end? Strangely i still expect my body to do what it did in my twenties, and its a shock when it doesnt.

For instance, i still expect to make love six times a night, now its only four. Thats a joke by the way. If i sit down for any length of time i seize up.

I have an illness that if it recurs, i have a ten per cent chance of dying, having said that, dying is an ever present threat anyway. My last ambition is to attend an open air opera in Rome, i cant do that, my partner has had two deep brain tumours removed, and i have two dogs.

I wouldnt change it, but freedom without worry woulkd be nice. Part of me looks forward to a new adventure, this life is a sh ithole. Looking back, would you live your life again? I would not.

On a less serious note, its so warm down here, flies are still buzzing, is it like that up there? I would say yes, as im sure you have dead cattle in the street. Thats a joke too.

I’m 55 & Fcukd… started smoking at 15 & worst mistake in my life….

I’m not dying, have “C” or any other health problems I am aware of…

If I live to 65 or 105… it will be what it will be, no point worrying about it… what happens, happens…

At 69 I have prostate cancer diagnosed 2 years ago but I have responded well to treatment and fully expect another 10 years minimum.

Frank, is religion a help to you?

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    At 69 I have prostate cancer diagnosed 2 years ago but I have responded well to treatment and fully expect another 10 years minimum.
    Good work Cayambe and good news.

Me? It would be quicker to list the bits that are still working.

Sorry Frank. What is Aging?

Do you mean ageing?

I had never heard of aging until today.

Are you American? Maybe a MAGA man?

https://grammarist.com/spelling/ageing-aging/

Aw shucks howoldboy, that is a tad mean spirited. I call it a logical mistake, if indeed we regard it as a mistake. It is a mistake made by intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    Aw shucks howoldboy, that is a tad mean spirited. I call it a logical mistake, if indeed we regard it as a mistake. It is a mistake made by intellect.
    I hear you.

Sorry my bad.

You do the math.

I've gotten crotchety period.

I'll reach out to him and try to touch base if he will only meet with me.

Well spotted old boy, i noticed it after posting. Its easy to waste energy over illness. I had a conversation with my other half about our illnesses, its like the first day at school. You cant avoid it, the only thing to do is accept it.

And a first day at school opens up a new world of possibilities. Having said that my illness has dissapeared. Through imagery, feeling and prayer its vanished. My doctors dont know how either. If it comes back, well well see, its not supposed to dissapear, its degenerative. I wont go into the unconscious mind and god, i wont waste my time.

My partner has had a bad time, but most probably something else will get her and me. Whats up with you griff?

If it helps black dog, i smoked cigars from about 23 to 57 or so. The craving does go, completely. I can walk past tobacco counters and not notice ive done it. When i was quitting that was hard. SMOKING IS BAD. Prostate cancer is easily cured, so im told.

It’s just structural stuff with me Frank. I had a drainage operation on the right eye, then both eyes were done a few years later for cataracts. I’ve had back and neck issues on and off since I did summat lifting a telly when I was 19. My hands are starting to stiffen with mild arthritis and I’ve recently had a hydrocortisone injection into my right knee as arthritis is starting to bite there too. I reckon I’m heading for a partial replacement in a couple of years. Enlarged prostate, fallen arches, tinnitus, it just goes on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)