+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aging.

Aye, all the best Pete.

Sorry to hear that Pete.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Kick a­rse Pete.

Thank you everyone,i will stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    Frank, is religion a help to you?
    Of course religion will be a help to Frank even if he doesn't admit it,he knows that there's a better place that he's going to when he's gone,he will see his lost friends and family that are waiting for him in "the next room"
    If you believe in God and have led a good life and walked a straight line then death is nothing to fear,my funeral is all sorted and paid for with instructions on what to do with my ashes and I see the next step as an adventure to look forward to,I know that you don't believe Stefan but I'm glad that I do,it's a great comforter

I’m not religious but I know that having a faith can be a great comfort and give strength through belief.

Last Saturday I was called to my Mum’s bedside to comfort her in her passing. She was breathing her last which was no surprise as she is 104 and had had a series of viruses and infections. Over the next hour her breathing became almost non-existent, her face had sagged on one side indicating a stroke and she was very, very still. Then her face lifted, she opened her eyes and she started singing a hymn that neither my sister nor myself had ever heard. And she started laughing. The on-call doctor was a very pleasant black lad who confirmed that she was OK but thanked her for reintroducing him to the hymn that his family sang when he was a child. The stroke would have been a TIA that she had the resilience to survive but the hymns still has us mystified. Some residual memory from way back or something else?

That is one sad post to read Griff,the pain is harder to take when the end comes slowly,you have mentioned of the things that she's done in the past and she sounds like a great woman,passing away comes to us all and I feel for you and your family,did your mum once believe in God? (just wondering about the hymn that she sung)

Then her face lifted, she opened her eyes and she started singing a hymn that neither my sister nor myself had ever heard. And she started laughing. [/QUOTE]

Tbh that would have broke me Griff,it's both sad and beautiful at the same time

I may have misled you. The doctor said she was fine and she continues to be. The TIA disappeared and she’s since continued her hobby of being cheeky with the carers.

FFS Griff 😂

Wonderful that your mum is still carrying on though 😎

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)