+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T What did you do as a kid that would be considered dangerous today?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Predictive text, drives me crazy, my last post, above, I wrote ‘Myself and a mate…..’, it changed it to something completely different! Only had one pint……….!
    The person who invented predictive text should burn in hello… 😇😎😜

Playing in the derelict cinema in Sandwell Road, climbing up to the projector room in the pitch black, nobody knew where we were

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Playing in the derelict cinema in Sandwell Road, climbing up to the projector room in the pitch black, nobody knew where we were
    Hi Tony. Was that The Albion cinema on the corner opposite the New Inns? If so, we used to play in there also. I remember we used to get out on to the roof by crawling along the roof space where the air conditioning pipe ran. It was a case of Look Ma, Top of the world.

My venturing in derelict buildings had a bit more spice as they were bomb damaged from the war. Used to play in the cellars until one day one of my mates came across an unexploded bomb. The bomb squad were called and defused it but we never went down in those cellars again!

I don't really know where to start with this topic. It's just easier to say I don't remember doing many things as a kid which wouldn't be considered dangerous today. Dangerous was fun.

I suspect the younger me would have been diagnosed with some type of behavioral disorder were I to be growing up now. While not a 'bad' kid I did have a few 'issues' so to speak 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Hi Tony. Was that The Albion cinema on the corner opposite the New Inns? If so, we used to play in there also. I remember we used to get out on to the roof by crawling along the roof space where the air conditioning pipe ran. It was a case of Look Ma, Top of the world.
    Hi Paul, no it was in Sandwell Road, West Bromwich, next to Pearsall's Fish & Chips Shop. It was never open in my lifetime so can't remember the name.

The answer to the original question is, today, almost everything that we did would be considered dangerous!

Use to build bikes without breaks and race down hills very fast.
    Only thing was, there was a river at the end of the hill and you had to either jump of the speeding bike and risk injury or stay on and risk drowning when you went in...🤣🤣
    I survived both.

The rope swing under Galton Bridge that some of you will remember (mate fell off and broke his leg on the towpath). Punching a hole in the top and bottom of cocoa tins, filling with gas from the cooker pilot light, torching the top hole and wait for the bang. Throwing darts made from cane or straight privet. Card for flights, tape at the front for balance and string wrapped around a knot for throwing. Lethal at 50 yards

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)