+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shawcross.

Ryan Shawcross.

What do we think of Ryan Shawcross becoming the new gaffer ?

Not interested! He's looking for ANY job, he's not really bothered where. Can't see him fitting in at all. If an outsider, it has to be someone with proven experience. Just because someone is an external appointment doesn't guarantee a positive change despite what some are saying via various media/sites.
    Whether Bell gets the job or it is given to an 'outsider' success is all subject to chance and no-one can predict the outcome.
    Just remember that Colkett is just returning and there are 4 key players still to return. Neither Morris nor Bell have yet had everyone available

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Not interested! He's looking for ANY job, he's not really bothered where. Can't see him fitting in at all. If an outsider, it has to be someone with proven experience. Just because someone is an external appointment doesn't guarantee a positive change despite what some are saying via various media/sites.
    Whether Bell gets the job or it is given to an 'outsider' success is all subject to chance and no-one can predict the outcome.
    Just remember that Colkett is just returning and there are 4 key players still to return. Neither Morris nor Bell have yet had everyone available
    If the job were to go to Ryan Shawcross we would be appointing someone with no managerial experience or, as far as I am aware, no real coaching at any significant level. If we are to give it to someone with no experience we should give it to Bell, Norris, Lunt or anyone from our set up.
    Gazan is absolutely right, we have had a team starved of several players through injury and who knows when we get all of them back how it will look. I would prefer to stick with what we have or if not, then invite Artell back. That was a sacking I never supported. It was handled quite poorly on the face of it.

Totally agree with the negative comments on Shallcross, no thank you. Has anyone actually seen the job advertised anywhere, I'm not nieve enough to think that it won't stop people contacting the club, but are we going through a proper process this time?
    Just another point regardless of who is in charge, when has a manager had all of his players available, very rarely, surely the clue is in the title, to manage. For quite a few different reasons I know, but I believe that last season we had 41 players play in the first team, that's not far off 4 teams worth!

Ryan Shawcross may make a great manager some day, and at least he lives in Nantwich, but I agree, if we bring someone in from outside no point it being someone with far less coaching experience than the current in house group. Playing in the Premiership doesn't prepare you for lower league football's demands. At least Lee Bell's played around several teams in these leagues - if we appoint someone from outside it should only be someone with management experience.

Critchely for me all day long has management exp at a higher level and fully understands the Crewe way no brainer get it done.

Except that Critchley is going to Luton or Wigan (prob Luton) on about 10 times the salary we could afford to pay!

And there's the point, experienced managers either come expecting salaries the club can't afford or with a background of some failure.
    The alternative is a young, up-and- coming manager who has already had experience with a club with lesser financial resources. That man is now manager of Barrow and the chance is gone. So, unless the lightning strikes twice (and I'm not currently aware of anybody who fits the bill), the young, but proven manager is not available. Therefore, for the moment, I stick with what we've got.
    In response to MFC, I would suggest MOST managers experience a period of the season where all or nearly all players are available. But imagine City without De Bruyne, Haaland, Foden all at the same time for a third of a season. They are key players that City, with all their wealth and resources, would inevitably miss. I would suggest that McDonald, Colket and Long (and to a lesser extent Ainley) are all key players and any team would miss not having their equivalents for an extended period of time.

Hi Gazan, we'll disagree on the amount of games when all, or virtually all the players are available. McDonald and a fit Long are definitely going to be missed, too early to say regarding Colkett, Ainley have we ever had? But what happens, they come back and CBR is out for weeks. This must happen at all clubs at some stage of the season. My original point was that a manager has to manage these problems and find a way round them.
    I'll ask everyone again, does anybody know if we have actually advertised the managers job? All we've had on the official website is the Chairman being interviewed by the in house PR guy.

I reiterate what I said in the previous Colchester thread, we need a manager that manages, not one who chews, with fingers crossed on the bylines and preys to the football manager in the sky that the random players he has chosen by some miraculous means, fits together and achieves the desired result. Apart from the last few games, long term absentees have only been Long and Colket, and its unlikely they would have had any major impact on the games.
    Dario was a great manager but even he made mistakes, and probably lost the impact towards the end. I don't see the current set up achieving anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast