Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Creweger View Post
I reiterate what I said in the previous Colchester thread, we need a manager that manages, not one who chews, with fingers crossed on the bylines and preys to the football manager in the sky that the random players he has chosen by some miraculous means, fits together and achieves the desired result. Apart from the last few games, long term absentees have only been Long and Colket, and its unlikely they would have had any major impact on the games.
Dario was a great manager but even he made mistakes, and probably lost the impact towards the end. I don't see the current set up achieving anything.
I must confess to being surprised that you don't seem to rate Long. And Colkett has shown glimpses in the short time he's had.
One of the Alex's major problems has been linking defence to attack and both Colkett and Ainley would do this. Don't forget also that Ainley already has 4 assists and hasn't played half the games.
We've only played 17 league games so Mcdonald's absences already represent a significant chunk of that. Adebisi is still playing catch-up. Zac been in and out with injury and illness