+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

BBC, Retard and P & J all (ok, one started it and the other two blindly followed) linking Anthony Stewart with MK Dons. That, for sure, would not break my heart.
    Last edited by rustlinsweetiepapers; 31-01-2023 at 07:23 PM.

Dilan Markanday in Aberdeen getting a medical (former Spurs winger).

Marley Watkins could be heading to Dundee United 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    BBC, Retard and P & J all (ok, one started it and the other two blindly followed) linking Anthony Stewart with MK Dons. That, for sure, would not break my heart.
    I think that would be a good move for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I think that would be a good move for all parties.
    This football club now has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous

I can honesty say hand on heart that Cormack, Gunn and Mowbray have absolutely lost their ****ing marbles

This policy of just continuously signing random players is the anthithesis of how you build a squad and a football team

You need continuity, i've said it now a few times, the club are signings players and not the manager, everybody is jumping on Goodwins back, and sure, he has a portion of the blame, but the footballing philosophy of a 'director of football' only works to a certain extent if the manager whoever that happens to be is onboard with the recruitment and there is a clear philosophy and tactical approach to signing indivudal players - not just signing up whoever is available

Contnually signing players (and **** knows how many the club have signed already this year) might impress simpletons, but the way you improve a club is by gradually changing a team over a period of time, not recycling players every 5 ****ing minutes

It's laughable, the club have changed way too many players at once, it never ever works, every manager in the history of football has need to put his own mark on a team and not have to deal with 20 players in and 20 out every season, gradual changes, 3-4 new players per season tops, all superior to the players who have left

Cormack has learned nothing, he has signed a bunch of random players again this window using up more of the clubs budget - who would want to manage a team who change the players more often than they change their own underpants, its unmanageable and unsustainable, Chelsea are doing the same, spent half a billion this year and are worse than they were last year

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post
    I cannot recall AFC being sublime in the last 38 years, Ridiculous, yes.
    Last edited by rustlinsweetiepapers; 31-01-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post

I can honesty say hand on heart that Cormack, Gunn and Mowbray have absolutely lost their ****ing marbles

This policy of just continuously signing random players is the anthithesis of how you build a squad and a football team

You need continuity, i've said it now a few times, the club are signings players and not the manager, everybody is jumping on Goodwins back, and sure, he has a portion of the blame, but the footballing philosophy of a 'director of football' only works to a certain extent if the manager whoever that happens to be is onboard with the recruitment and there is a clear philosophy and tactical approach to signing indivudal players - not just signing up whoever is available

Contnually signing players (and **** knows how many the club have signed already this year) might impress simpletons, but the way you improve a club is by gradually changing a team over a period of time, not recycling players every 5 ****ing minutes

It's laughable, the club have changed way too many players at once, it never ever works, every manager in the history of football has need to put his own mark on a team and not have to deal with 20 players in and 20 out every season, gradual changes, 3-4 new players per season tops, all superior to the players who have left

Cormack has learned nothing, he has signed a bunch of random players again this window using up more of the clubs budget - who would want to manage a team who change the players more often than they change their own underpants, its unmanageable and unsustainable, Chelsea are doing the same, spent half a billion this year and are worse than they were last year
    It was mentioned before that we were looking at a data driven recruitment strategy “moneyball Sh1t” as I think Mason commented. Brentford used this model to moderate success, but the manager has to buy into it fully, and like Ebbe said “statistics are like mini skirts…”

Prime example - Anthony Stewart- his stats may say he wins 90% of headers and 85% of tackles and that may make you think he is a decent defender, but it doesn’t tell you he has put his boots on the wrong feet.

Proper scouting and due diligence is more important to us when every failed signing and sacked manager is costing us money that could be better used elsewhere.

Interesting however that our players signed from overseas - Duk, Miovski and Ramadani have been better than those signed from lower leagues in England- Morris, Richardson, Coulson and the aforementioned Stewart

Oh please let it be true about Stewart.
    I don't think he is as bad as claimed and the way we played out from defence clearly didn't suit him and I think we all know he isn't a captain.
    Don't wish the guy any ill and if he does go I hope he does well at whoever takes him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Oh please let it be true about Stewart.
    I don't think he is as bad as claimed and the way we played out from defence clearly didn't suit him and I think we all know he isn't a captain.
    Don't wish the guy any ill and if he does go I hope he does well at whoever takes him.
    While I wish the lad no ill will, wasn’t good enough

Be interesting to see what Robson puts out in defence tomorrow- new keeper, 2 new centre half’s
    What could go wrong?

Chris Harvey tweeting that Stewart is away and a permanent deal.

Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast