+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

No excuse for that

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I believe he was a dandy, but changed to the zombie club as a young kid around the time of Souness.
    I worked we someone who went to school with him who told me this years ago.
    Who cares if he did support them at some point!! He sure isn't one now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I believe he was a dandy, but changed to the zombie club as a young kid around the time of Souness.
    I worked we someone who went to school with him who told me this years ago.
    Aye maybe, but in these days of social media you have to remember what you might have said on other platforms in the past….he did an interview with that Simon Ferry (overrated weegie pish but I’ve seen some of the former Dons ones) a few years ago and he was bleetering on about his time at Rangers “Coisty” this and “Durranty” that etc…..

Anyway hopefully he gets this bunch of loanees to pick up some much needed points tonight.

He signed for Deadco as a schoolkid.

I remember when he signed for Inverness, they had a bunch of young lads sharing a house.
    Apparently he was as mad as a box of frogs and, even by fitba player standards, really thick.
    There was him, Tokely, Scott "Trigger" McLean, a couple of other young lads who'd come back from teams down south........by all accounts it was carnage.

Ah dare say, the loans and the short term signings have been a good strategy. We should be looking to see what we can make o' McKenzie, Barron, Milne, Hancock, Bavidge etc ... but need to find games where we can give them minutes where we have control of games rather than thrown on to cover injuries in games we are all but already pumped.

Goodwin liked to throw that 'transition period' excuse in there, but we didna need tae be 'in transition' had we sorted out decent defence cover.

Now tho, we are def in 'transition mode' with our only 'established 'CB' a loanee, and other candidates fresh in the door.

My point is, it would have been an insult to younger players breaking into the team had our latest 'cohort' of signings been handed 2/3/4 year contracts.

With the right approach, maybe what we already have 'waiting in the wings' will be better than our coffers can afford going forward.

Other than avoiding relegation, our targets this season are pretty limited ... so maybe let's change focus and build from the bottom up?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ah dare say, the loans and the short term signings have been a good strategy. We should be looking to see what we can make o' McKenzie, Barron, Milne, Hancock, Bavidge etc ... but need to find games where we can give them minutes where we have control of games rather than thrown on to cover injuries in games we are all but already pumped.

Goodwin liked to throw that 'transition period' excuse in there, but we didna need tae be 'in transition' had we sorted out decent defence cover.

Now tho, we are def in 'transition mode' with our only 'established 'CB' a loanee, and other candidates fresh in the door.

My point is, it would have been an insult to younger players breaking into the team had our latest 'cohort' of signings been handed 2/3/4 year contracts.

With the right approach, maybe what we already have 'waiting in the wings' will be better than our coffers can afford going forward.

Other than avoiding relegation, our targets this season are pretty limited ... so maybe let's change focus and build from the bottom up?
    I was disappointed that we never saw Milne get a run out at the back this season when it was clear we were toiling in defence.
    Might not have had a McKenna like impact, but would have been worth a try at least.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    He signed for Deadco as a schoolkid.

I remember when he signed for Inverness, they had a bunch of young lads sharing a house.
    Apparently he was as mad as a box of frogs and, even by fitba player standards, really thick.
    There was him, Tokely, Scott "Trigger" McLean, a couple of other young lads who'd come back from teams down south........by all accounts it was carnage.
    His behaviour was why we got released from Rangers and was off the scale in Inverness until he knuckled down.

I'm assuming at 44, those days are well behind him.

So Robson has said we tried to sign a right back before the window closed, but what I also read in the article was that we spent £300k on Richardson. Please tell me that ain't true.

I thought it was £100k or under he cost us.

Coulson has signed a 3 year deal (including an option of a year) with Boro. Presumably then not coming back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Coulson has signed a 3 year deal (including an option of a year) with Boro. Presumably then not coming back next season.
    The boy's not a defender but he can play and in the right team and more importantly correct position then he'll do really well.

Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast