+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    The problem with outward players may be that it could be players who have fallen out with Goodwin and could do a job here
    I suspect our managers under DC and the FM Crew have little say in recruitment, so could well be an issue going forward for us and not just with Goodwin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I suspect our managers under DC and the FM Crew have little say in recruitment, so could well be an issue going forward for us and not just with Goodwin.
    With hindsight, this started wityh the , then , mysterious signing of Hernadez ?

But both Glass & Goodwin surely must have known about this during their interview period ?

It falls in with DC`s " forward looking " progressive football prawcess. Director of Football runs the whole thing , and the " Manager " is really the Coach.

( Except he doesn`t have a Director of Football. Gunny has been given that title , but I suspect he goes through the motions of merely implementing Cormacks wishes ? And neither of them have a track record of football experience in running a Team & squad. )

Jings. Things have fair changed in a week ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    With hindsight, this started wityh the , then , mysterious signing of Hernadez ?

But both Glass & Goodwin surely must have known about this during their interview period ?

It falls in with DC`s " forward looking " progressive football prawcess. Director of Football runs the whole thing , and the " Manager " is really the Coach.

( Except he doesn`t have a Director of Football. Gunny has been given that title , but I suspect he goes through the motions of merely implementing Cormacks wishes ? And neither of them have a track record of football experience in running a Team & squad. )

Jings. Things have fair changed in a week ?!!
    We will never know what JG was promised, but a good weekly wedge may have saw him overcome that hurdle of our FMC overseeing player recruitment.

I suspect when Jim told us our defence was easily fixed he possibly meant it, as St Mirren always looked fairly solid under him, but then the reality of our FMC playing champ manager for real and blowing our budget on attack with the premise of scoring more than our opponents would see us forgetting about the need for a defence.

We go into our game tomorrow with the same manager, but more worrying the same defence that has cost us all season. Unless we get this young loon from Fulham on loan who has never played first team and worryingly he can play at LB RB or in the middle of defence, maybe all at the same time.

I wish I took up following tiddlywinks as a loon instead of following fitba.

Me personally….i would ditch this DOF role at a club of our size. Absolutely no need for it and it just makes the role of manager and the role of chairman a lot lazier than necessary. Install a proper football manager and ditch these daft roles filled by glamourised office workers. A club that is from Scotland (who have hardly ever put a dent on European football) doesn’t need DOF roles. Focus getting the basics right first for a right good few years before you need more people employed at the club. As for The Football Monitoring Board…don’t get me started

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Me personally….i would ditch this DOF role at a club of our size. Absolutely no need for it and it just makes the role of manager and the role of chairman a lot lazier than necessary. Install a proper football manager and ditch these daft roles filled by glamourised office workers. A club that is from Scotland (who have hardly ever put a dent on European football) doesn’t need DOF roles. Focus getting the basics right first for a right good few years before you need more people employed at the club. As for The Football Monitoring Board…don’t get me started
    The games moved on min. We will burn through managers at a horrible rate and even if we find a good one who is successful they will probably go elsewhere quickly and in these instances we need the continuity of the footballing operations being unaffected by the constant change.

Granted it hasn't been great so far, but if Colgate stops interfering and puts the right people in place all may not be lost, but not going to hold my breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    The games moved on min. We will burn through managers at a horrible rate and even if we find a good one who is successful they will probably go elsewhere quickly and in these instances we need the continuity of the footballing operations being unaffected by the constant change.

Granted it hasn't been great so far, but if Colgate stops interfering and puts the right people in place all may not be lost, but not going to hold my breathe.
    So in other words I am right

Cormack couldn’t pick a decent manager to save himself, can’t pick a director of football, no one wants to back him on getting the new stadium actually on the go, Atlanta have ripped the p!ss out of him with our partnership, he blew £13m on a facility which he got ripped off for paying and his football monitoring board are the laughing stock of Scottish football (probably further afield as well). If Cormack thinks having a DOF is the way forward i would disagree and argue it has been a disaster going by our current record.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    So in other words I am right
    So in other words you're right - according to one post from a single poster ... and only then, your interpretation of same

Jokin aside, yeah ... Cormack is a novice. Out of his depth as a fitba club 'high heidyin' ... and if he's gonna be here in the long term, it would be good if he played tae his strengths - i.e. took care o' financial/business/organisational sh!t and learned enough tae leave fitba sh!t in the hands o' fitba folk.

Director of Football? What is that exactly? In my experience o' doin Theatrical productions, the Director was the guy fa advised/coached/encouraged/demanded/shaped yer performance. In fitba, surely that's yer manager/coaches job.

Football Monitoring Board? How were these selected? One is a former footballer ... not exactly a legend. One is the chairman ... cos he's fkn loaded. One is a former chairman ... cos he is loaded ... prob never kicked a ba straight in his life athoot rinnin tae the school nurse for a plaster. The other? ... err ... his surname might carry a certain threat ... but fa's feart?

Goodwin's airse might be bared for a skulpin, but ffs ... Ah feel less sorry for JG than faa'ivver might step in an declare him/herself as the 'latest new messiah'

.... Aside fae the above tho ... oor problems are on the pitch rether than the boardrooms. Darvel wis nithin new. Faced we a team fa throw themsels intae everythin physically, our players skills and decision making are nullified. In such circumstances, the 'big' team normally capitalise when the wee team tire, or lose shape. Darvel didna!

Up against maist sides we will meet in domestic contests, attempts at 'free flowing, positive, attacking football' may be a fools errand. .. Maybe McInnes got it right? F()ck scorin goals, defend like buggery, tak it tae extra time, tak care o' yer pens, go hame wi a cup?

Personally, Ah prefer watchin' the Glass/Goodwin sides - when they 'click' - even when they dinna win - tae the stuffy McInnes 'hard tae beat' (ha ha ha) approach. .. but Ah concede, stats dinna side wi' ma preference

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

Personally, Ah prefer watchin' the Glass/Goodwin sides - when they 'click' - even when they dinna win - tae the stuffy McInnes 'hard tae beat' (ha ha ha) approach. .. but Ah concede, stats dinna side wi' ma preference
    I reckon the vast majority of us would really like to see a free flowing Dons team that can score goals for fun whilst roll up the sleeves if battle mode is needed but also a team who shut the door to the opposition. 3 out of the 3 would be absolutely fantastic but not having 1 out of the 3 is certain disaster. We don’t have any at the moment.

We should maybe all be a bit more positive…it can only get better.

Free flowing football. Fine Great when we see it.

Playing out from the back ? OK. But you have to have the players to do it. Obvious thing to say. But when you have defenders who regularly fail to pass FORWARD , and then pass it to one of their own players on a constant basis ; you have a major problem

Then you need your winger/wingback to be capable of beating / get past his marker. To keep the forward movement

Obvious . Blatantly obvious stuff.

We've not currently got that from the players JG has chosen to play

And another thing. Defence. WTF ? Are we playing some form of zonal marking ?? Because there always seems to be plenty of our players in the box to defend. But nae Dekker manages to get the ball clear and up the park ? ( Nevermind block shots effectively)

Matty Pollock’s in: https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-...p-urwoytad.jpg

Clearly comfortable on his left foot too!

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast