+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday

Thursday

The fiscal statement.

The bill for COVID policy.

Chickens and roost spring to mind.

3 weeks to flatten the curve.😳

Went for my Covid booster last Friday. Went into the shop place, was asked my name etc. then told I 'must' wear a face covering. I asked if it was a legal requirement; the guy said yes but backed right down when I said politely that it wasn't. He then said 'no, but it's a requirement in all NHS Tayside managed facilities'. He gave up when I told him I was at PRI the week before with my wife, neither of us wore face coverings and not a single thing was said and asked how he explained that.

I went in with no face covering, got my vaccine and not a word was uttered by any of the sensible people actually doing the vaccinating; many of whom had face coverings on protecting their chins.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Went for my Covid booster last Friday. Went into the shop place, was asked my name etc. then told I 'must' wear a face covering. I asked if it was a legal requirement; the guy said yes but backed right down when I said politely that it wasn't. He then said 'no, but it's a requirement in all NHS Tayside managed facilities'. He gave up when I told him I was at PRI the week before with my wife, neither of us wore face coverings and not a single thing was said and asked how he explained that.

I went in with no face covering, got my vaccine and not a word was uttered by any of the sensible people actually doing the vaccinating; many of whom had face coverings on protecting their chins.
    Funnily enuf going for flu Jag Thurs but no COVID booster again......my choice, it's just not 100% or as near as dammit safe, probably safer than Kingsway circus but no safe enough. 😁

I phoned re masks and they insisted that if I don't wear a mask I have to phone ahead so " they can prepare"......I asked prepare for what......just prepare apparently.

This was declined so no doubt there will be a bit of tooling and froing on Thursday but I expect treatment not to be denied.......mibbe if I sailed up the high st in a dingy I'd be made to feel more welcome but hey ho I'll survive and I'll never wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Funnily enuf going for flu Jag Thurs but no COVID booster again......my choice, it's just not 100% or as near as dammit safe, probably safer than Kingsway circus but no safe enough. ��

I phoned re masks and they insisted that if I don't wear a mask I have to phone ahead so " they can prepare"......I asked prepare for what......just prepare apparently.

This was declined so no doubt there will be a bit of tooling and froing on Thursday but I expect treatment not to be denied.......mibbe if I sailed up the high st in a dingy I'd be made to feel more welcome but hey ho I'll survive and I'll never wear a mask.
    Two weeks ago I got my Covid jag and my Flu jag at the same time which seemed daft to me. According to the nurse who gave me my Covid jag it is the same jag as I got last year so if the strain has changed my Covid jag will be no use.
    I also had to wear a mask which I immediately removed as soon as I left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Two weeks ago I got my Covid jag and my Flu jag at the same time which seemed daft to me. According to the nurse who gave me my Covid jag it is the same jag as I got last year so if the strain has changed my Covid jag will be no use.
    I also had to wear a mask which I immediately removed as soon as I left the building.
    I take you mean asked to wear a mask, you certainly don't have to Islay.

Give people power to tell you want to do they don't want to give it up.

The evil authoratarion dictators who broke cover to show themselves for the Authoratarion people that they are and their cheerleaders and helpers should be challenged and hopefully someday brought to account......that's my hope, for long hope though it is.

Never forgive, never forget.

Funnily enuf going for flu Jag Thurs but no COVID booster again......my choice, it's just not 100% or as near as dammit safe, probably safer than Kingsway circus but no safe enough. ��

There was no preparation required when I turned up and refused to wear their mask - other than the glib remarks from the receptionist of course after which he was prepared to back right down.

I don't take the flu jab, never have, it's offered every year by my work too but just not for me. One General manager told me that if I got flu after refusing the jab from work I wouldn't get paid for the time off sick - I left that job very soon after.

I've had flu twice in my life, it was actually worse both times than when I had Covid. I'd rather take the very slim risk that I'll get flu than the guarantee of a sore arm.

There was no preparation required when I turned up and refused to wear their mask - other than the glib remarks from the receptionist of course after which he was prepared to back right down.

I don't take the flu jab, never have, it's offered every year by my work too but just not for me. One General manager told me that if I got flu after refusing the jab from work I wouldn't get paid for the time off sick - I left that job very soon after.

I've had flu twice in my life, it was actually worse both times than when I had Covid. I'd rather take the very slim risk that I'll get flu than the guarantee of a sore arm.
    I may be wrong, I was once 😁 but my take on it is the flu Jag is a Jag to try and stop you catching what they think will be the prominent flu strain this winter....the COVID booster is to make pharmaceutical companies lots of( no stop it ) the COVID Jag does not stop you catching COVID but is meant to lessen the severity of symptoms of COVID.

I may be wrong, I was once �� but my take on it is the flu Jag is a Jag to try and stop you catching what they think will be the prominent flu strain this winter....the COVID booster is to make pharmaceutical companies lots of( no stop it ) the COVID Jag does not stop you catching COVID but is meant to lessen the severity of symptoms of COVID.
    You are wrong - well, partly. Any vaccine will lessen symptoms and some will kill the virus before it takes effect. Simple fact is (there's that word) if someone has flu and coughs, sneezes, farts on or necks with you etc it's possible the virus will pass to you and if it does you've technically caught flu. The vaccine does its thing after that.

You'd have to walk about wearing a face covering and sanitise your hands every twenty miunutes whilst singing Happy Birthday then lock yourself away for months to stop yourself actually catching it..................... Oh, wait.

You are wrong - well, partly. Any vaccine will lessen symptoms and some will kill the virus before it takes effect. Simple fact is (there's that word) if someone has flu and coughs, sneezes, farts on or necks with you etc it's possible the virus will pass to you and if it does you've technically caught flu. The vaccine does its thing after that.

You'd have to walk about wearing a face covering and sanitise your hands every twenty miunutes whilst singing Happy Birthday then lock yourself away for months to stop yourself actually catching it..................... Oh, wait.
    I always thought they were injecting you with flu ( kinda) so your immune defences were prepared for it when you actually caught it and so when you did "technically" catch it yer body went right ye wee ******* I know you let's get ****ing into ye.

Kill the virus before it takes effect is admittedly a better way of describing it though.

I always thought they were injecting you with flu ( kinda) so your immune defences were prepared for it when you actually caught it and so when you did "technically" catch it yer body went right ye wee ******* I know you let's get ****ing into ye.

Kill the virus before it takes effect is admittedly a better way of describing it though.
    I like your Kirkton version.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)