+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Anyone up for the Cup lads...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,442

    Anyone up for the Cup lads...

    where do you reckon Engerrland will finish,, Quarters, semis, just want to see some good games. Did you notice when the team coach arrived at their Doha hotel they were greeted by a big bunch of England fans, but all seemed to be from Kerala , India, migrant workers I believe, very strange !!!. Could be a strange World Cup.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,591
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    where do you reckon Engerrland will finish,, Quarters, semis, just want to see some good games. Did you notice when the team coach arrived at their Doha hotel they were greeted by a big bunch of England fans, but all seemed to be from Kerala , India, migrant workers I believe, very strange !!!. Could be a strange World Cup.
    Good morning Claw. Good to Miiii challenging Burnley for promotion.
    I am less interested in this world cup than any other previous world cups sue to the you know what reasons
    However I will keep one eye out for home nation teams and my japs eye out for the other teams
    On the news this a.m. Engerland and Waaales had to cancel their training schedule due to "extreme heat"
    Thought I'd reply as it takes all the other ****ers a while to type owt,
    I think it is difficult to predict where Engerland will finish. This may be due to the last tinpot tournament they played in where they only showed up v the Germs
    I have the following scenario's
    1- win it because that is very possible
    2- 1/4 or semi finals is a safe bet
    3- totally bomb out of it
    There you have it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Good morning Claw. Good to Miiii challenging Burnley for promotion.
    I am less interested in this world cup than any other previous world cups sue to the you know what reasons
    However I will keep one eye out for home nation teams and my japs eye out for the other teams
    On the news this a.m. Engerland and Waaales had to cancel their training schedule due to "extreme heat"
    Thought I'd reply as it takes all the other ****ers a while to type owt,
    I think it is difficult to predict where Engerland will finish. This may be due to the last tinpot tournament they played in where they only showed up v the Germs
    I have the following scenario's
    1- win it because that is very possible
    2- 1/4 or semi finals is a safe bet
    3- totally bomb out of it
    There you have it
    You have pretty well summed it up there Gaz. I know all about the heat out there in Qatar as I used to work on some of the offshore oil platforms, I could not believe it when they were awarded it, a right stitch up, thats why we did not get it , we did not grease any palms. As for challenging Burnley, no chance they were a Premier team in May and are awash with dosh. Also West Brom nicked our best player(Jed Wallace) in the summer, mind you we we had the satisfaction of beating them when they came down the Den a couple of weeks ago. It's cool to be a cat.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,591
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    You have pretty well summed it up there Gaz. I know all about the heat out there in Qatar as I used to work on some of the offshore oil platforms, I could not believe it when they were awarded it, a right stitch up, thats why we did not get it , we did not grease any palms. As for challenging Burnley, no chance they were a Premier team in May and are awash with dosh. Also West Brom nicked our best player(Jed Wallace) in the summer, mind you we we had the satisfaction of beating them when they came down the Den a couple of weeks ago. It's cool to be a cat.
    Morning Claw. Blimey you've been around a bit with work.
    Yes it is all about the money. Poor working conditions. Unreasonable laws. Human rights issues.
    But on the plus side they do have zero crime???
    I always look out for certain teams. Miiii have always been one. My mothers folk were in the catchment area of The Den and my OB unle was a Miii fan. I like to see watch out for The Clarets too. The other teams I show an interest in is Chelsea, Spuds, WHU, Torquay, I am watching how them geordies do due to the money. I don't like Saints very much but a long standin mate is a fan of them. He is avvid and usually positive with their lot but on Wednesday he said he is fed up with it. He said every season struggling to avoid the drop. Serb investors who said they only want the club as it would look good on their portfolio. So no investment in them is peeing him off. But he pretty much described a lot of UK teams right there.
    I am sick and tired of hearing about Swindon and the ground ownership year after year. Our ground hadn't changed much since the 70's we have 3 covered stands. I am losing the motivation bit by bit. For me the club is THE FANS.
    I think I covered all bases with the WC but I can really see us bombing in this one. But I want to be wrong regardless of where it is.
    Up the clubs / teams that battle every season just to survive.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,442
    Evening Gaz, yes I have worked around the World having worked for various oil companies, working in Doha you don.t pay any tax. The latest from there is they have gone back on their word in having booze at the stadiums, what a surprise not. With regard to various clubs I know where you are coming from. It is the haves and the have nots, the biggest fee we have paid was this year 1.7 mil for a Dutch striker whereas Prem clubs pay up tp 100 mil. And those players in addition to their huge fees now have huge ego's. It did not use to be that way, man to man I remember chatting to Billy Bremer in Cardiff station, Rodney Marsh on holiday in Las Palmas. Don.t happen now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,591
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Evening Gaz, yes I have worked around the World having worked for various oil companies, working in Doha you don.t pay any tax. The latest from there is they have gone back on their word in having booze at the stadiums, what a surprise not. With regard to various clubs I know where you are coming from. It is the haves and the have nots, the biggest fee we have paid was this year 1.7 mil for a Dutch striker whereas Prem clubs pay up tp 100 mil. And those players in addition to their huge fees now have huge ego's. It did not use to be that way, man to man I remember chatting to Billy Bremer in Cardiff station, Rodney Marsh on holiday in Las Palmas. Don.t happen now.
    Morning Claw Loads Money. Yes and Budweiser aren't happy.
    Did you fight Billy B? Rodders turned us down when invited to join the once "trendy club" Swindon. Summerby couldn't wait to get away from us.
    Back in the day I am sure there was a player that I resembled in looks. I was in an expensive clothes shop - John Anthony. I was asked by the staff if I played for Swindon. Lou Macari was giving me a fixed "wtf you doing here stare". Don Rogers always says hello to me. When we got beat after the game this big **** said "I wasn't fit to wear the shirt" and he heckled me all the way down th north stand and along the Town End. lol I used to take a disabled chap to games and he didn't like swearing so I retorted as politely as I could with "keep your opinions to yourself you horrible man" lol with Geoffrey McGonigle tapping my shoulder saying "It's alright, it's alright" That was Geoffrey McGonigle's response when he was getting anxious because he is repeating what people said to him to comfort him in stressful times. Geoffrey McGonigle was the first disabled man to reach the North Pole and went with David Hempledon Adams. There is a brilliant video of this and you can see Geoffrey McGonigle doing this to comfort others after he fell into the iced waters and his life was at serious risk. R.I.P. Geoffrey McGonigle.
    1.7m seems a lot to us lol but like you say it is nothing in comparison to them up there. As it is I don't think we can afford promotiopns.
    Brentford were a feeder club for Chelsea and look at them now. So there is glimmers of hope I guess Miiiiiiiiii

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Morning Claw Loads Money. Yes and Budweiser aren't happy.
    Did you fight Billy B? Rodders turned us down when invited to join the once "trendy club" Swindon. Summerby couldn't wait to get away from us.
    Back in the day I am sure there was a player that I resembled in looks. I was in an expensive clothes shop - John Anthony. I was asked by the staff if I played for Swindon. Lou Macari was giving me a fixed "wtf you doing here stare". Don Rogers always says hello to me. When we got beat after the game this big **** said "I wasn't fit to wear the shirt" and he heckled me all the way down th north stand and along the Town End. lol I used to take a disabled chap to games and he didn't like swearing so I retorted as politely as I could with "keep your opinions to yourself you horrible man" lol with Geoffrey McGonigle tapping my shoulder saying "It's alright, it's alright" That was Geoffrey McGonigle's response when he was getting anxious because he is repeating what people said to him to comfort him in stressful times. Geoffrey McGonigle was the first disabled man to reach the North Pole and went with David Hempledon Adams. There is a brilliant video of this and you can see Geoffrey McGonigle doing this to comfort others after he fell into the iced waters and his life was at serious risk. R.I.P. Geoffrey McGonigle.
    1.7m seems a lot to us lol but like you say it is nothing in comparison to them up there. As it is I don't think we can afford promotiopns.
    Brentford were a feeder club for Chelsea and look at them now. So there is glimmers of hope I guess Miiiiiiiiii
    More than a glimmer Gaz, I think you have a good chance of getting back up thi5 season, you have made it big before with Hoddle. To get back to the Cup England should have gone 2 weeks in advance not 5 days or so because you really need to get acclimatised, it is in the 30's the temp out there and they should be doing some serious training as from what I have seen they are just poncing about, get them out running, up hills as well, where are the press ups squats etc They have 90 mins in that heat. One reason when training in the far East with the Marines our Medical Officer would weigh us before a decent run, maybe 6 miles and weigh us on return Amazing how many pounds we would lose but it made us tough and for us to endure. None of this swinging of arms and stretching of legs nonsense.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,201
    Good to see a few posters on here again.
    I think we will go out in quarter finals and the Cup will go to the Argies.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Good to see a few posters on here again.
    I think we will go out in quarter finals and the Cup will go to the Argies.
    I don't know davee, our players may be a bit fitter than previous World cups as they will have only played half a season. If you get a chance watch the opening game because there is talk that half the Senegal team have had massive bribes to lose. Lets hope not true.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    I don't know davee, our players may be a bit fitter than previous World cups as they will have only played half a season. If you get a chance watch the opening game because there is talk that half the Senegal team have had massive bribes to lose. Lets hope not true.
    That should read Eucudor not Senegal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •