+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drameh

Drameh

I have a really bad feeling on this. Maybe not Cantona bad but not good. I know it's all rumor but there is way too much talk of this and Ted's actions speak louder than words.

Ayling's at the end of his career and frankly looks as lost as the rest of our back 4 at times... albeit it in very short minutes.

Rasmussen is wild at times and prone to tough challenges that could generate suspensions and cards or an injury to himself. That leaves us U-23 players or a whiz bang like Firpo.

Even more troubling is his attitude. This is a player that requested a loan to Cardiff so that he could play regular minutes and dominated his position on that team even though he came in mid season. He proved himself in a high risk career situation. He's 21 going on 30 maturity wise. He's obviously got a fire burning in him and he knows where he wants to go.

We've had players like that in the past glory days that would fit in a Revie team but would not do well on a Ted team. The fact is that He's also being pursued by teams that include some championship and world caliber teams. I can see Dortmund getting him developing him over a couple of years and selling for 30-50 million. At that point who knows where he goes on to play. We'll need a Right back by then.

Finally, and most importantly, I find it troubling that our coach has not even given him a run even though we have one of the worst defenses in the Prem and we still have teams like Dortmund and Newcastle chasing him. Eddie Howell probably is a whole lot better on assessing talent, based on what he's done at the Geordies, than Ted is.

I can't help but feel that this is the alternate universe version of Ben White that went out on Loan to Leeds and came back to be a valuable member of the Gunners. Meanwhile, we send him off to Cardiff to develop and star on their team and then sit him and eventually sell off.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I have a really bad feeling on this. Maybe not Cantona bad but not good. I know it's all rumor but there is way too much talk of this and Ted's actions speak louder than words.

Ayling's at the end of his career and frankly looks as lost as the rest of our back 4 at times... albeit it in very short minutes.

Rasmussen is wild at times and prone to tough challenges that could generate suspensions and cards or an injury to himself. That leaves us U-23 players or a whiz bang like Firpo.

Even more troubling is his attitude. This is a player that requested a loan to Cardiff so that he could play regular minutes and dominated his position on that team even though he came in mid season. He proved himself in a high risk career situation. He's 21 going on 30 maturity wise. He's obviously got a fire burning in him and he knows where he wants to go.

We've had players like that in the past glory days that would fit in a Revie team but would not do well on a Ted team. The fact is that He's also being pursued by teams that include some championship and world caliber teams. I can see Dortmund getting him developing him over a couple of years and selling for 30-50 million. At that point who knows where he goes on to play. We'll need a Right back by then.

Finally, and most importantly, I find it troubling that our coach has not even given him a run even though we have one of the worst defenses in the Prem and we still have teams like Dortmund and Newcastle chasing him. Eddie Howell probably is a whole lot better on assessing talent, based on what he's done at the Geordies, than Ted is.

I can't help but feel that this is the alternate universe version of Ben White that went out on Loan to Leeds and came back to be a valuable member of the Gunners. Meanwhile, we send him off to Cardiff to develop and star on their team and then sit him and eventually sell off.
    Everything you say makes perfect sense apart from why JM won’t play him - JM talks a good game but doesn’t spot upcoming talent.

Summerville got game time due to injuries as did Gnonto. Sure they must have been good in training. Joffy will probably lamp him for being a stupid [] insert your own perjorative - both of them should have had significantly more game time this year!

The answer is JM is clueless

Disparity of our wages to be fair gets awkward, so yeah it's a no brainer that clubs may see our younger talents are worth a dabble.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....r-2023-3921369

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Disparity of our wages to be fair gets awkward, so yeah it's a no brainer that clubs may see our younger talents are worth a dabble.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....r-2023-3921369
    If this is accurate, the idea that Firpo is earning almost 20 times more than Greenwood is ridiculous. Some other vastly overpaid, under-performers in that list.

That is a depressing list.

Sure is I'm happy I get 500 dollars a week lol Firpo 55k a week wtf and 5 year contract and people like Orta. Bamf foreshaw waist of money for players that don't play. Reserve keepers on a good wicket what is going on. Rodrigo 100k?
    How much is Orat on btw 300k a week lol.
    Radz for a business man is not very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Sure is I'm happy I get 500 dollars a week lol Firpo 55k a week wtf and 5 year contract and people like Orta. Bamf foreshaw waist of money for players that don't play. Reserve keepers on a good wicket what is going on. Rodrigo 100k?
    How much is Orat on btw 300k a week lol.
    Radz for a business man is not very smart.
    That is just a list from FM the rumours at the time of signing were that Firpo was on close to 80k per week so the reality may be a lot worse.

Joffy and Greenwood had contract renewals so will be on more than stated in that list.

Still crazily stupid amounts of money being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    That is just a list from FM the rumours at the time of signing were that Firpo was on close to 80k per week so the reality may be a lot worse.

Joffy and Greenwood had contract renewals so will be on more than stated in that list.

Still crazily stupid amounts of money being paid.
    Who is Robles? Dont think he has played a min in 1st team has he?

Ah, our 2nd choice goalkeeper.

Agree about Firpo. Hopefully gelhardt and Greenwood are getting more now. But really,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)