+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World cup

World cup

Not withstanding the treatment of the work force to build the infrastructure this must be the dullest build up ever to a world cup.

So glad our league is continuing whilst it's on.

Not saying I wont watch some of it but I can't see me going out of my way to watch a game.

Looks like an absolutely disastrous choice of venue and time of year to play.

They think it's all over, who cares.

The whole process of Qatar being awarded the World cup through corruption and greed has been a disgrace, and dont think i will
    be watching many games.
    corruption will become common in football because of the millions being pored into top leagues, often from backers, whose fortunes
    often come with vague sources of income.
    Think they maybe individual protests from players and some fans, which will detract from the games.
    joined the pub sweepie and got DENMARK, happy with that.

I’ll only be watching if there’s nothing else on at the time , or if England are certs for a humping

Already bits n pieces about quatar bribing equador players and officials to chuck opener

I hope that England don't get through the opening rounds. Fed up of their inflated sense of entitlement.

Has there ever been a less interesting opening match in any World Cup tournament than Qatar versus Ecuador?

Quote Originally Posted by deeranged View Post
    has there ever been a less interesting opening match in any world cup tournament than qatar versus ecuador?
    exactly.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)