+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Stupid Christmas Presents

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I used to buy my mum the stuff advertised every Xmas on TV as a “must not miss”��

I remember buying her a plunger that diced up multiple vegetables when I was 11.

Always known how to treat a woman!��
    They could have been crappy products by K-TEL or Ronco? K-TEL use to flog some right dodgy stuff such as the veg-o-matic, Brush-o-matic, The Buttoneer, some LP cleaning device and a record selector.

I remember my uncle getting the full set of these one Christmas

Name:  FhyRVUsXgAQLzbL.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  16.5 KB

How about them w4anky yankie candles? Who wants one of them for Xmas? The scented ones never ever smell like it says on the jar when they are lit.

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 157
Size:  7.2 KB

I’ve told everyone not to buy me anything for this Xmas.

I just hate all the stupid, c r a p p y stuff or supposedly funny type stuff.

The other day my osteopath gave me a card.......why FFS, I’ve known her for six weeks.

I binned it as soon as I got home, it was a pointless waste of part of a tree.

I would rather that my family each give the amount they would spend on me to a charity, especially a homeless local type charity.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I remember my uncle getting the full set of these one Christmas

Name:  FhyRVUsXgAQLzbL.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  16.5 KB
    Hi, you got those from the vouchers when you put fuel in. We got loads filling up our Telecom vans

There is absolutely nothing that I need. A day out with someone is what I appreciate. My daughter recently took me for a day at Alton Towers, with a priority ticket for all rides; my son took me last Saturday to the Albion with the hospitality package. Lovely, really enjoyable days with my children.

Agree that it seems the older you/they get, the harder it is to to buy for people. With money being tight we don't see the point in buying something just for the sake of it so unless someone specifically wants something tend to just give money. At least that way you can put it towards something you want.

That said, at work a few of us do Secret Santa which is just for a laugh really. This year saw such gifts as a lime green mankini, c unt mug, vagina stress ball, grow your own balls kit, w, ank tissues, heat reactive mug that has its message turn to "I'm secretly gay" when filled with a hot drink, inflatable sheep, tin of mints for grumpy old git and other childish and non pc gifts alongside the normal chocolates etc. The girls can be Just as bad-if not worse- than the blokes with this. Still, cheers us up (and some gifts may even get used&#128512

My dad once bought my mom a new iron and a pressure cooker for Christmas. Fk me...... it must have been over forty years ago and I can still see the look on his face when he saw the look on hers 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    My dad once bought my mom a new iron and a pressure cooker for Christmas. Fk me...... it must have been over forty years ago and I can still see the look on his face when he saw the look on hers �� .
    I also bought my wife a pressure cooker for Christmas, you should have seen the look on her face until I told her to open it and she found a pair of earrings she had wanted for some time, still married after 56 years.

When Paul McCartney was married to Heather Mills he splashed out and bought her a plane one Xmas.

He bought her a Lady Shave for the other leg!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)