+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Budget. Is the Toxic party for real?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    While we keep breeding degenerate halfwits and sending them to Eton we have no hope mon ami. The class system is self-perpetuating, and the Toxic party are playing you and all who vote for them like a fiddle.
    Who thought of the idea that to be a nurse you have to have a degree? WHo was it who spouted on about Education, education, education?
    Please refresh my memory, it was quite some time ago and I seem to have forgotten.
    So the class system will insist that I am fodder and uneducated because I never went to Uni and never got a degree, whereas, no doubt those who have a degree, such as demonstrators and members of "NO More OIl' will consider that I am of a much lower class than them.
    It's a strange world.

Never mind worrying about a university education Supersub6, the halfwit Education Secretary of the time Sir Gavin F*cking Williamson, set our kids back 5 years of their academic lives.

Never mind worrying about a university education Supersub6, the halfwit Education Secretary of the time Sir Gavin F*cking Williamson, set our kids back 5 years of their academic lives.
    Aided and abetted by lots and lots of parents who can't be bothered to even train their children to go to the toilet, how to read, how to use cutlery. Where does this burden fall? On teachers ---who should actually be teaching children things about life. Don't blame the government for everything BT. Society is dying on its feet and more and more kids are being used as a way to get a house, a way to get more money etc., etc.
    We will give you more money to get through the recession etc., etc. ---strangely I don't remember my parents getting help and I certainly didn't get any help when bringin my children up through recession ---and still they all moan instead of using their brains and working things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Aided and abetted by lots and lots of parents who can't be bothered to even train their children to go to the toilet, how to read, how to use cutlery. Where does this burden fall? On teachers ---who should actually be teaching children things about life. Don't blame the government for everything BT. Society is dying on its feet and more and more kids are being used as a way to get a house, a way to get more money etc., etc.
    We will give you more money to get through the recession etc., etc. ---strangely I don't remember my parents getting help and I certainly didn't get any help when bringin my children up through recession ---and still they all moan instead of using their brains and working things out.
    It's because at Stage 1 in their development at school the impoverished kids are trapped and are never able to get out of the poverty trap mein freund.

It starts at primary school level here s_c and it just goes steadily worse unless a parent can afford private education.

Every child should have the same start in life but sadly the Tory government constantly row back on pledges and promises.

No matter what a Labour government does the Tories just undo it.

Free School Meals for our schoolkids would be a great start in the "Levelling Up" promise but we might as well as ask for free gold nuggets for everyone.
    I agree that every child should have the same start in life in an ideal world. But the world is not ideal. It never has and never will be.

I suggest that the country needs to look at history and learn from it. In a developed society no child should go hungry. In my time. School meals were the norm. What happened to that?

My parents were working class. I went to a Catholic Junior School that focused on the three «*R/s*». What happened to that? We were taught to try to be the best at whatever we did - including the 11 plus. What happened to that mentality?

I was given opportunity that I took through hard work and application. There is nothing to stop any child working hard to achieve.

Jesus fecking wept, Gavin Williamson, wibble wibble, Toxic Tories, wibble wibble, Suella Braverman, wibble wibble, Far Right, wibble wibble, Asylum Seekers, wibble wibble, Old Etonians, wibble wibble, Orange Man, wibble wibble, NHS, wibble wibble, Israel, wibble wibble, Food Banks, wibble wibble, on and on it goes, utterly infantile, irrelevant drivel.

I can't work you out mon ami, do you have a mental age of six, are you demented, or are you just pissed all time ? I think we should be told.

That's the reason after 53 years of Labour party membership and "on the door" activism I tore up the card and left the party Dd.

We needed Corbyn style politics, but the ideology was too big a change for our spineless electorate. Shame because the difference would have been seminal.

Now we have Starmer who is a Toxic party hybrid. We are f*cked, make no mistake.
    What terrorist supporting politics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You won’t win Sub - even though every word you w put is true , the toxic party are to blame for everything that’s happened in the last 50 years

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I agree that every child should have the same start in life in an ideal world. But the world is not ideal. It never has and never will be.

I suggest that the country needs to look at history and learn from it. In a developed society no child should go hungry. In my time. School meals were the norm. What happened to that?

My parents were working class. I went to a Catholic Junior School that focused on the three «*R/s*». What happened to that? We were taught to try to be the best at whatever we did - including the 11 plus. What happened to that mentality?

I was given opportunity that I took through hard work and application. There is nothing to stop any child working hard to achieve.
    Back in the halcyon days you lived in s_c that philosophy was entirely workable. Sadly, not now. Grammar schools are not available for the brighter primary school kids like Supersub6 and sinkov were back in the day, single mums on Universal Credit living on the Stoops Estate in Burnley or the Oldham's Estate in Bolton have no chance whatsoever of being able to properly feed their kids, never mind think about the benefits of education.

I don't think you have any idea how bad things are here s_c. Which civilized western country allows paucity to strike disabled veterans to such an extent they are forced to live on the fecking street?

We have the money it's just the fact the Toxic party would rather give each other dodgy VIP contracts to procure vast sums of taxpayers' money to provide the square root of feck all.

" single mums on Universal Credit living on the Stoops Estate in Burnley or the Oldham's Estate in Bolton have no chance whatsoever of being able to properly feed their kids, never mind think about the benefits of education."

Ah yes, the Stoops Estate in Burnley, tell me about it, or rather mon ami, I'll tell you. Mrs S got her first teaching job at Myrtle Bank on the Stoops Estate in 1970, it was a sink estate, it was a **** hole, I worked at Burnley Fire Station, we were regulars on the Stoops Estate, I felt sorry for the decent people who had to live there, and there were plenty amongst the dross, including single mums. Between me and the missus there wasn't much happening on Stoops that we didn't know about. I could have written a book about it, and this was the 60s and 70s, a period when, apart from 4 years when Fred Teeth mistakenly thought he ran the country, it was run by Labour governments and the Trade Unions.

Plus ca change eh ? And now it's all the Tories fault, you really haven't got a clue mon ami.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)