+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mulgrew appointed player/coach

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You raise a good point. Since Edwards was handed the armband he hasn't looked quite the same player. That might be partly down to playing CB virtually on his own though!
    He's put in some good performances lately and never shirks a header. Would be interesting to hear from those who go to the matches whether he's a real leader on the pitch because you can't tell from TV footage.

When Mulgrew is back in the side it might take pressure off Edwards too. Just don't let him be the one slowing our play down from the back.
    It would be hard to tell if we have a captain on the pitch or not atm. Edwards has never been vocal on the pitch. The most vocal captain we've had in recent years was Siegrist during his short spell as stand in captain.

I think I mentioned at the time that I didn't think Edwards was captain material. As a centre half , especially winning headers, he is great. The trio of Mulgrew, Edwards and Graham, led by Mulgrew was the best fit for me, hopefully to be back in place after the break.

Not sure about the back stabbing thing, sometimes it requires folk on the inside to "highlight" (ahem) just how bad things really are, or there will never be any change.

For whatever reason, the team did down tools, then, things were beginning to look up for a wee while after the change.

Foxy's deal, hmmmm... no quite sure about that. Would have left him in place, brought in Charlie as coach, as nearly everyone knew was gonna happen, and "monitored" the situation

#THATSUNITEDFORYI

Quote Originally Posted by myhometeam View Post
    Well here gos then. Tin hat on, but to me it proves that being a slimey, back stabbing, disloyal, tosser now pays off. Give me Butcher over this prick all day long.
    I assume you know Charlie personally and/or work at/know someone at Tannadice to be able to think this of him?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You raise a good point. Since Edwards was handed the armband he hasn't looked quite the same player. That might be partly down to playing CB virtually on his own though!
    He's put in some good performances lately and never shirks a header. Would be interesting to hear from those who go to the matches whether he's a real leader on the pitch because you can't tell from TV footage.

When Mulgrew is back in the side it might take pressure off Edwards too. Just don't let him be the one slowing our play down from the back.
    not a vocal captain at all. I'd love to see him in peoples faces but he's not like that. I didnt want him as captain but i like him as a player. When the chips are down it's good to have a captain that can rally people but I dont think Ryan is able to do that. Having said that I'm not sure who in the squad I'd replace him with. Like a tory leadership contest, there's no good candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    not a vocal captain at all. I'd love to see him in peoples faces but he's not like that. I didnt want him as captain but i like him as a player. When the chips are down it's good to have a captain that can rally people but I dont think Ryan is able to do that. Having said that I'm not sure who in the squad I'd replace him with. Like a tory leadership contest, there's no good candidates.
    Kinda what I thought the answer would be.
    And as you say who else have we got. Can only assume he was given the armband before Mulgrew signed? Wonder if it'll change hands now. We need leaders and fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I assume you know Charlie personally and/or work at/know someone at Tannadice to be able to think this of him?
    If your believe the pish you read online about him then you may form this opinion. But, that's social media for you though, folk will believe anything.

I’m happy with this appointment. If he has the changing room and players listen to him all the better. Got plenty of experience to add to the coaching staff too and we now know who the next manager will be if fox doesn’t cut it.

Foxy in the local rag saying mulgrews involvement on coaching side of things will depend on whether he is playing or not.

He also says he was happy with the way we were performing before the World Cup break 🤔. Im going to have to avoid those frothy pots of gold before the games because I was sure we were pish!

Who do the players listen to?

him or fox?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)