+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dee4Life AGM 19/11/22

Anyway golf time ❤️

Looking to the future seems to me to be the most important bit. Apparently Nelms has said there is no plan B because the stadium will be delivered. I think the supporters should have their own plan B. Don't know what it should be but for a start I think it should include keeping Dens until the new stadium is built.

what about a DUNDEEMAD matchday protest aimed at JOHN NELMS ? any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    what about a DUNDEEMAD matchday protest aimed at JOHN NELMS ? any thoughts ?
    Unfortunately not enough people left posting here to make a big splash.

However, what to do is sit behind the directors' box at a game and, if he shows up, just shout something you know to be true but that he thinks isn't in the public domain. For example, shout something along the lines of 'just get Yogi in, we know you've been speaking to him', and you'll get a cracking reaction from him but you might need to duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'll have a stab

I think fans had lost patience with pass the blazer......even if that wasn't directly linked to the society.

The society had to compete with various other Dundee related clubs etc and the society lost its way and relevance and fans trusted the yanks

I think you were part of the group trying to pick up the pieces, no easy task......and probably caught the brunt of abuse and cynicism.

I think the group in charge today have had a lot of that as well but the word stabilised was used yesterday, I think things have stabilised.

Meeting was forthright yesterday, some frustration and a small amount of constructive criticism but no abuse or even close to it.

Think everyone in that room had concerns of varying degrees of severity about what is potentially about to happen.

It's a pretty thankless task being involved with these organisations but I think they are heading in the right direction.......there's certainly no whiff of empire building.......which is always a concern to me.
    Was definitely different times with most fans still having 100% trust in Nelms . I saw things from a different perspective though; I knew the trust was misguided and that a day of reckoning was coming, in all honesty I thought it would've all been over one way or the other a couple of years ago. Very surprised they're still here.

Posted twice. Sorry, senior citizen moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

However, what to do is sit behind the directors' box at a game and, if he shows up, just shout something you know to be true but that he thinks isn't in the public domain. For example, shout something along the lines of 'just get Yogi in, we know you've been speaking to him', and you'll get a cracking reaction from him but you might need to duck.
    Just call him the $100million man, that's what he calls himself to people who don't know him.

Walter Mitty DSC

😄

My voice can carry a bit.

Was definitely different times with most fans still having 100% trust in Nelms . I saw things from a different perspective though; I knew the trust was misguided and that a day of reckoning was coming, in all honesty I thought it would've all been over one way or the other a couple of years ago. Very surprised they're still here.
    What's worrying is good Dundee fans who have any kind of prolonged contact with him have very little guid things to say about him.

Reckon I know 3 or 4 reasonably well and another half dozen or so from reading posts on here and elsewhere......the chances of everyone being wrong or having an agenda is negligible.

I sense other posters starting to get a bit more worried.

I don't think the wider support share the same fears yet .....sometimes ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What's worrying is good Dundee fans who have any kind of prolonged contact with him have very little guid things to say about him.

Reckon I know 3 or 4 reasonably well and another half dozen or so from reading posts on here and elsewhere......the chances of everyone being wrong or having an agenda is negligible.

I sense other posters starting to get a bit more worried.

I don't think the wider support share the same fears yet .....sometimes ignorance is bliss
    I've plenty good things to say about him, he's a perfectly nice guy, I just don't believe he has the best interests of Dundee FC as his top priority and he has absolutely zero regard for the fans unless they're giving money over to him.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)