+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human Rights World Cup - my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    While the Iranian team and their fans sent a powerful statement to their Government and a world watching, the knee taking in comparison was simply feeble and pathetic. As you say BT it did not even convey a coherent message.
    If I was in that team, I would not be thinking about returning to Tehran in a hurry.

What did become apparent, as I listened to the virtue-signalling drivel from the pundits over the last couple of days, was the gigantic elephant in the room that everyone was ignoring. As the hypocrites wrung their hands over the treatment of gays in Qatar and women in Iran, the actual reason that gays are criminalised in Qatar and women are second class citizens in Iran was never mentioned, and the great big elephant called Islam, loomed over them in the background, but none of them seemed aware of it.

Best not go there eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What did become apparent, as I listened to the virtue-signalling drivel from the pundits over the last couple of days, was the gigantic elephant in the room that everyone was ignoring. As the hypocrites wrung their hands over the treatment of gays in Qatar and women in Iran, the actual reason that gays are criminalised in Qatar and women are second class citizens in Iran was never mentioned, and the great big elephant called Islam, loomed over them in the background, but none of them seemed aware of it.

Best not go there eh ?
    They just dare not go there sinkov. Not one of the pundits mentioned that Qatari's next-door neighbours have beheaded by sword two dozen poor souls in the last fortnight.

I fecking hate hypocrites and do not get me started on Citizen Kane. If the lily-livered b@stard had taken a yellow card for wearing his choice of armband he could afford to spout bollox. He didn't so he can't.

I'm wondering if Jason Mohammad is going to go out there,I'd be surprised if he isn't.He appears in his morning Programme on Radio Wales
    to have avoided the issue so far unless I have missed something.He is a Muslim and attends the local Mosque in Cardiff,be interesting to hear
    his views.

What is England going to do if Israel does not help you?? ( y-net Israeli newspaper)

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/by00dgyquj#autoplay

Iran media blames humiliating World Cup loss on Israel, protests

After 6:2 shellacking, papers turn to the familiar tactic of accusing foreign enemies, including U.S., UK and Israel, of stirring up protests to throw the national team off its game
    Iran was reeling Tuesday from the humiliation of starting the World Cup with a lopsided 6-2 loss against England in a match overshadowed by protests on and off the field, which the Islamic Republic has previously pinned the blame for on arch-foe Israel.

Iranian newspapers turned to the familiar tactic of accusing foreign enemies, including the United States, Britain and Israel, of stirring up protests to throw the national team off its game.

“Iran - 2; England, Israel, Saudi and traitors - 6,” read the headline in hard-line daily Kayhan.

It's always your lots' fault Balan.

U r right again BT. I was thinking what can Israel give to the world , a sort of present? It seems the 'Torah' is just not wanted in these dark days? We have many sandy beaches, sunshine , lots of girls in bikinis etc. ( sucking lollipops looking straight into your eyes at the hundreds of beach 'coffee' places? ) maybe the Europeans, are thinking ''football ''right now? Unless they all get knocked out by the Saudis? The Saudis must feel right at home in Qatar, lots of, sand, sand, and more sand??

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    U r right again BT. I was thinking what can Israel give to the world , a sort of present? It seems the 'Torah' is just not wanted in these dark days? We have many sandy beaches, sunshine , lots of girls in bikinis etc. ( sucking lollipops looking straight into your eyes at the hundreds of beach 'coffee' places? ) maybe the Europeans, are thinking ''football ''right now? Unless they all get knocked out by the Saudis? The Saudis must feel right at home in Qatar, lots of, sand, sand, and more sand??
    Keep well away from that lot Balan, they might just have your napper off.

The German pre match protest against FIFA and the Tournament organisers again makes our knee taking look like the pathetic exercise it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    What is England going to do if Israel does not help you?? ( y-net Israeli newspaper)

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/by00dgyquj#autoplay

Iran media blames humiliating World Cup loss on Israel, protests

After 6:2 shellacking, papers turn to the familiar tactic of accusing foreign enemies, including U.S., UK and Israel, of stirring up protests to throw the national team off its game
    Iran was reeling Tuesday from the humiliation of starting the World Cup with a lopsided 6-2 loss against England in a match overshadowed by protests on and off the field, which the Islamic Republic has previously pinned the blame for on arch-foe Israel.

Iranian newspapers turned to the familiar tactic of accusing foreign enemies, including the United States, Britain and Israel, of stirring up protests to throw the national team off its game.

“Iran - 2; England, Israel, Saudi and traitors - 6,” read the headline in hard-line daily Kayhan.
    I'm pleased to see Balan, that my unstinting support for the Jewish State of Israel has not gone un-noticed, and your government has instructed it's world renowned intelligence agency, and the IDF, to assist my football team in handing out one hell of a beating to the Mad Mullah's of Tehran's boys.

The Yanks under sleepy Joe Biden have got a bit sniffy about Israel lately, so any further assistance on Friday would be much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)