+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp - WEEK 18

Predictocomp - WEEK 18

Keep me away from Cup games I said. Well hopefully these (the top four) will be the last. Score at 90 minutes please and no pedantry.

Wimbledon v Chesterfield
    Cambridge v Grimsby
    Hartlepool v Harrogate
    Oxford v Exeter
    Altrincham v Eastleigh
    Dorking v York
    Torquay v Gateshead
    Yeovil v Halifax

Had to google that...

"excessive concern with minor details and rules"

its 90 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    its 90 minutes
    No game is actually 90 minutes 😎

Well if it’s never actually 90 minutes what’s this “normal time” that you’ve described on your board? How can it be normal if it’s never the same?

All matches are played for a duration of 90 minutes. It may be that owing to various stoppages in play the 90 minutes of play occur over a period significantly more than 90 minutes.

There is no such thing as a goal scored after the 90th minute. It may be scored after 90 minutes of elapsed time have occurred but not after 90 minutes of playing time have occurred because the game ends when 90 minutes of playing time have been played.

Of course in periods of extra time in cup matches goals may be scored after 90 minutes but not after 120 minutes.

Shooo… have one hell of a hangover😢

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Score at 90 minutes please and no pedantry.
    I understand that clearly to mean 'Score after 90 minutes of play have occurred, regardless of how much time has elapsed in which to play those 90 minutes'.

Wimbledon v Chesterfield 2-1
    Cambridge v Grimsby 1-1
    Hartlepool v Harrogate H
    Oxford v Exeter A
    Altrincham v Eastleigh D
    Dorking v York 1-0
    Torquay v Gateshead H
    Yeovil v Halifax 1-1

Thanks Griff

You are correct.. it is 90+5 as an example & not the 95th minute, I used the term “normal” & Griff had a pop on mine as to what is normal…

Still feel rough as a badger though… Saxon were awesome last night though 😀

In other news had 5 x £1 accumulators yesterday, cashed out £68 at the 88th minute.. needed NCFC to score as one was a win, the other bet was Win vs Nil… ended up 0-0 so right decision.. if they had of one 1-0 would have got about £800… Fo0king chalky…

I also saw they did a ticket promotion & broke the record again for non league attendance?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)