+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Bell Interim manager

Lee Bell Interim manager

Do we think that Lee has done enough to perhaps be interim manager until at least until the end of the season and give him the Jan transfer window to strengthen and then assess him at the end of the season with a view to a more permanent appointment if he has achieved the clubs season aims ? What do we think. I personally think he has and I would not like to see anymore changes that may derail the momentum we currently have I also think the team is performing far better under his stewardship.

Are you really suggesting that because we have achieved three 1-0 results that we are on the up and the status quo should remain?? The match against Colchester was appalling, yesterdays match against Swindon was only marginally better, in so much that the defense for a change HELD OUT. and the cup game against L.O. at home, we were totally over-run. I must admit I thought we might have turned the corner from last year after the first half dozen games. Some entertaining games albeit against mediocre teams however I for one will not pay to watch the crap served up lately. There is a time when a team needs to see out a match but The time wasting against Swindon was embarrassing at times.

I'm with you on this Wartman. (But isn't it frustrating when people blow-up on you when you are trying to be reasonable!).
    We are on a run in terms of results over 4 games but performances have not been great. Bell needs time to prove whether he is up to the job or indeed if he might even be a positive figure for the club. He may also run out of steam quickly. We don't know at the moment.
    However, I have seen a well known Twitter poster suggest that matters '..will only improve by bringing in management from outside..'. I cannot see how this person could possibly know. (Perhaps he can let me know next weeks Euro Lottery numbers&#128514
    What we DO need is a bit of thoughtful consideration of the situation. Nobody had great expectations for this season, in fact there were lots dire predictions of the end of the club etc. Yet here we are, 6 points below the play-offs and 10/11 points from the trap door. We've won more than lost but drawn too many. Yet I suspect there are many 'I want it now!' types who will seethe at any suggestion that things are not as bad as made out.
    To finish, it's not great, it's not even good but many at the beginning of the season 'hoped' for mid-table mediocrity. To get through this 'transitional period', we need some considered reflection and not rush to sack whoever the current manager happens to be (after all, we're not the Tory party!). Only then, can we build for the future. So, Wartman - an interesting point of view and well worthy of lots of constructive comment.

I tend to agree with you Wartman, probably best to leave well alone at the moment. We are not very attractive to watch but I will buy into that we are in transition. Whoever takes over full time I would imagine will have their hands tied regarding new recruits, I can see it being the case of one in and one out, probably loans.
    I do think that we are now overdue a definative statement from the club, we were supposed to have turned the corner a couple of years ago regarding good communication to us supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I'm with you on this Wartman. (But isn't it frustrating when people blow-up on you when you are trying to be reasonable!).
    We are on a run in terms of results over 4 games but performances have not been great. Bell needs time to prove whether he is up to the job or indeed if he might even be a positive figure for the club. He may also run out of steam quickly. We don't know at the moment.
    However, I have seen a well known Twitter poster suggest that matters '..will only improve by bringing in management from outside..'. I cannot see how this person could possibly know. (Perhaps he can let me know next weeks Euro Lottery numbers��)
    What we DO need is a bit of thoughtful consideration of the situation. Nobody had great expectations for this season, in fact there were lots dire predictions of the end of the club etc. Yet here we are, 6 points below the play-offs and 10/11 points from the trap door. We've won more than lost but drawn too many. Yet I suspect there are many 'I want it now!' types who will seethe at any suggestion that things are not as bad as made out.
    To finish, it's not great, it's not even good but many at the beginning of the season 'hoped' for mid-table mediocrity. To get through this 'transitional period', we need some considered reflection and not rush to sack whoever the current manager happens to be (after all, we're not the Tory party!). Only then, can we build for the future. So, Wartman - an interesting point of view and well worthy of lots of constructive comment.

On the contrary Gazan, Freddie is entitled to his opinion and I asked for peoples thoughts and they are clearly Freddie’s and I respect that I disagree with him on this occasion and that’s what makes a debate interesting he does have a point and we are winning ugly at the moment but I recall Arsenal winning the league without losing a game by playing mainly ugly I think 1-0 to the Arsenal was a chant heard at Highbury with regulatory. It was important to win some games and keep some clean sheets and maybe to achieve that with this current crop of players we have to be boring time will tell.

Whatever Belly is doing or not doing, boy are the team playing for him. 100 minutes of all out commitment from every player. That alone deserves that he be given some time to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I tend to agree with you Wartman, probably best to leave well alone at the moment. We are not very attractive to watch but I will buy into that we are in transition. Whoever takes over full time I would imagine will have their hands tied regarding new recruits, I can see it being the case of one in and one out, probably loans.
    I do think that we are now overdue a definative statement from the club, we were supposed to have turned the corner a couple of years ago regarding good communication to us supporters.
    Looks like my question has been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    On the contrary Gazan, Freddie is entitled to his opinion and I asked for peoples thoughts and they are clearly Freddie’s and I respect that I disagree with him on this occasion and that’s what makes a debate interesting he does have a point and we are winning ugly at the moment but I recall Arsenal winning the league without losing a game by playing mainly ugly I think 1-0 to the Arsenal was a chant heard at Highbury with regulatory. It was important to win some games and keep some clean sheets and maybe to achieve that with this current crop of players we have to be boring time will tell.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Agreed. But an opinion is just that and people can express with reasoning with the understanding that opinions can be wrong OR they can be expressed as god-given fact in a tone of disrespect. For me the latter type is not worth much.
    In terms of the interestingly named Freddy Creweger, I have to confess I found the display of 'dark arts' somewhat ironically amusing. We've faced so much of this crap in recent times that it was satisfying to see us turn the tables for once. Of course, if we were to make a habit of it then that would be a different matter.

Post now advertized but with very short closing date - Friday afternoon. testing the water to see if anything comes in to trump what Lee Bell can currently offer?

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Post now advertized but with very short closing date - Friday afternoon. testing the water to see if anything comes in to trump what Lee Bell can currently offer?
    Ronaldo’s out of work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast