+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- World Cup 2022

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What a beautiful day for their keeper.
    He certainly gives them a edge

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    When I was looking through all the squads before the tournament it dawned on me just how many good players Portugal possess. Not only do a significant number of their squad play for top European teams, but in many cases they're key players for those teams, creatively or defensively.

Last night they clicked and the full power of that team was on show, perhaps for the first time, although it's ironic that the catalyst for this was the decision to drop their most famous player of all. Perhaps the baton has been passed and Portugal's brilliant new generation are about to do something surprising and special?
    Great posts by Jackal and NW6.

Yes, the focus on Ronaldo, who probably won't get back in the starting 11 now, distracts from the fact that this is a golden generation for Portugal.

Behind the young Benfica striker Ramos is the trio of Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva and the best of the lot, Joao Felix. The way they play is edging towards a Girsesse/Tigana/Platini level of skill. And with the likes of Pepe and William Carvalho in the team, and a bench crammed with talent, I think Portugal will really put on a show now. I've had the privilege of was seeing them twice now, and from a high view seeing them cut Switzerland to shreds was a real thrill.

Hehehe… Brazil…

You’re not dancing anymore!
    You’re not dancing…. anymore!

They may not be "world beaters" but they are Brazil (& England) beaters.

Roy Keane 1 v 0 Samba Boys.

Didn't see the game or shoot out but this is the World Cup that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    They may not be "world beaters" but they are Brazil (& England) beaters.

Roy Keane 1 v 0 Samba Boys.

Didn't see the game or shoot out but this is the World Cup that keeps on giving.

Well done to Croatia!

Watched some of it, bit of a borefest.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Well done to Croatia!

Watched some of it, bit of a borefest.
    If it's going to be boring then make sure it ends with yet another shock. This WC has been full of them

I didn't find it a borefest at all. Croatia had a game plan and stuck to it, with no little skill. I think Brazil showed that they were over hyped as usual, and really pleased their ridiculous arrogant dancing came back to bite them in the bum. It would have been totally ridiculous of Croatia to go toe to toe with the samba boys.
    I could see a lot of Notts in the way Croatia played, in as much as everything went through Moderic, like everything goes through Palmer for us.

Must say I didn't find the game boring, and I think it would be wrong to suggest Croatia parked the bus. The two teams shared possession equally, albeit Croatia were more cautious with the ball, knowing how good and fast Brazil can be on the counter attack. The Croats are a streetwise team who punch well above their weight and never know when they're beaten, and unlike South Korea they didn't approach the game naively.

With only Morocco and Argentina now left out of the non-European nations, and with a European team having won the last four World Cups, it does seem that the well organised, disciplined characteristics of European football are generally producing more results than the more creative (some coaches would say naive) approach of the teams from other regions.

Argentina might still have something to say about that tonight though!

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Pleased their ridiculous arrogant dancing came back to bite them in the bum.
    Borefest or not, I was really pleased with that as well.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast