+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- World Cup 2022

O/T:- World Cup 2022

I decided to use the O/T prefix because this tournament has nothing to do with Notts and very little to do with football. I had actually forgotten it started today, but on checking the score by accident just now I was happy to see that Qatar lost. Couldn't help but notice this little snippet from the BBC match report:

"Many supporters who had left the stadium at the interval did not return, leaving the ground around half empty for much of the second period. It contributed to a flat atmosphere both off and on the pitch."

Music to my ears, I really hope this tournament is a disaster. Maybe the disillusioned Qatari 'fans' thought they could buy the results as easily as they bought the right to hold the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I decided to use the O/T prefix because this tournament has nothing to do with Notts and very little to do with football. I had actually forgotten it started today, but on checking the score by accident just now I was happy to see that Qatar lost. Couldn't help but notice this little snippet from the BBC match report:

"Many supporters who had left the stadium at the interval did not return, leaving the ground around half empty for much of the second period. It contributed to a flat atmosphere both off and on the pitch."

Music to my ears, I really hope this tournament is a disaster. Maybe the disillusioned Qatari 'fans' thought they could buy the results as easily as they bought the right to hold the World Cup.
    Watched it, boring match, 2 poor teams, Catarrh were hopeless, little wonder the stadium emptied. End message.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Watched it, boring match, 2 poor teams, Catarrh were hopeless, little wonder the stadium emptied. End message.
    Any idea why the first goal was disallowed for offside? I’m still confused

just been trying to find a video of the large section of Qatar fans singing and waving their arms about in unison - No luck.

As for their team, probably the most embarrassing display on a world cup stage since Diana Ross missed that penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Any idea why the first goal was disallowed for offside? I’m still confused
    So were the commentators! Apparently his knee was offside....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...22-opener.html

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    As for their team, probably the most embarrassing display on a world cup stage since Diana Ross missed that penalty.
    I was going to suggest England 1-2 Iceland, but that was the Euros.

And the keeper moved early, so VAR would have given Diana a retake.

just been trying to find a video of the large section of Qatar fans singing and waving their arms about in unison - No luck.

France in 2010 has to be up there, just for the way in which the reigning world champions completely imploded on and off the pitch, with losing to South Africa topping it off.

And not a smartphone in sight.

Interesting to hear the welcoming speech by an Al-Thani - it brought back many morbid Munto memories.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if that Karachi mud-brick manufacturer had a hand in all that construction.

Looks like MAFIFA have made England and Wales an “offer they couldn’t refuse”

https://news.sky.com/story/england-a...hreat-12752285

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast