+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matchday Thread: Newport v Rams

I'm guessing a 15K gate.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Millwall is never dull, it is a club like no other, the 1st team in all leagues to stop taking the knee, we have no truck with political posturing.
    Hmmm...so the frankly laughable claim from Millwall fans that ‘taking the knee’ was some sort of ‘Marxist salute’, rather than a gesture against racism, wasn’t ‘political posturing’?

Anyway, more importantly, Barnsley at home? Not the most romantic but at least it’s winnable.

Grab a draw and we could all go up t'north to have some Barnsley Bitter! No, bugger I'll stick with the Peddy!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I'm guessing a 15K gate.
    Dont suppose the game will be picked for TV so maybe a few more

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Grab a draw and we could all go up t'north to have some Barnsley Bitter! No, bugger I'll stick with the Peddy!
    Last time I went to Barnsley was the season we took over 7000 up there. Barnsley away this season is on my birthday weekend. 4 of us flying over, hoping to get tickets and places on the Neppy coach. If we can't then the alternative game we've chosen is Burton v Accrington where we will do the corporate hospitality bit if we can't get Barnsley tickets. Anyway, back to the 7000+ game, the pies were brilliant, best I've had at a football game.

so we start with a national league club, then a league 2 club, now a league 1 club, next round championship with prem club in the 5th round/

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    so we start with a national league club, then a league 2 club, now a league 1 club, next round championship with prem club in the 5th round/
    Is that Pythagoras or Mystic Meg Swale??😁

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Last time I went to Barnsley was the season we took over 7000 up there. Barnsley away this season is on my birthday weekend. 4 of us flying over, hoping to get tickets and places on the Neppy coach. If we can't then the alternative game we've chosen is Burton v Accrington where we will do the corporate hospitality bit if we can't get Barnsley tickets. Anyway, back to the 7000+ game, the pies were brilliant, best I've had at a football game.
    It's funny how some away games stand out as 'a must' when the FL is published
    whereas others are less attractive!
    For me, Barnsley and Donny were among those as were Rotherham whilst I didn't enjoy either of the Sheff Clubs. Because of the geographical location Norwich and Ipswich are a grind as are the North East Clubs but I enjoyed going to Newcastle.
    Locally, I enjoyed West Brom and Villa but less so Brum, Stoke and Leicester. Forest are a one off where it's simply Yuck!
    Local pubs played a part of course as did chippies, steak and sidney pies and similar unhealthy snacks!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    It's funny how some away games stand out as 'a must' when the FL is published
    whereas others are less attractive!
    For me, Barnsley and Donny were among those as were Rotherham whilst I didn't enjoy either of the Sheff Clubs. Because of the geographical location Norwich and Ipswich are a grind as are the North East Clubs but I enjoyed going to Newcastle.
    Locally, I enjoyed West Brom and Villa but less so Brum, Stoke and Leicester. Forest are a one off where it's simply Yuck!
    Local pubs played a part of course as did chippies, steak and sidney pies and similar unhealthy snacks!!
    Barnsley, inside the ground. That day I started off with a kate and sidney and followed it with a meat and potato. Both amazingly delicious.

Always liked Ipswich for some reason. Never enjoyed Brum. Stoke and Leicester's old grounds fall into the OK category, not been to either's new ground. Sheff U, my one trip there was back in the days when it only had 3 stands. Wendy is a ****hole. Tree huggers is always entertaining going from and to the station. Magpies on the other hand is very welcoming.

I went to Bramall Lane in the 3 side days, it was an awful place to go to. Hillsborough wasn't any better and their fans were arseholes.
    For dumps The Valley was the pits, only one grotty stand and grass banking to stand on. Quite how they had upwards of 80k there without several being carried out on a stretcher is beyond me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)