+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Newport v Rams

Matchday Thread: Newport v Rams

Anyone got any views on this one?

Should we just defer to Ramshank?

I'm going for an easy Derby win prior to the inevitable third round draw producing a tie at home to Forest

2-0 win before inevitable away game at somewhere dull like Hull or Millwall

Haha I'm in agreement, should be a simple win, will suggest 3-0, but never feel confident about these televised cup games.
    I believe this week is the longest Warne has had with the players to train without a midweek fixture, so it will be interesting to see if there is much discernible difference in the way we play.

Hopefully some of our injured players will recover and its a welcome rest for some. I would say a 2-1 win.

Players had Sta, Sun n Mon off. Train Tuesday to Friday full on. light session Saturday morning concentrating on Sunday's match. Saturday afternoon off to Newport. Win Sunday and then..... biggest payday would be MU away with 9K Rams in attendance. I'd settle for that.

Hopefully no silly penalties and not throwing away comfortable leads. 2-0 Derby.

Personally id love a nice little cup run, Forest at home in the 5th, then a big team in the quarters, with an unlucky 2-1 loss with a debatable VAR decision going in the big teams favour so we can at least complain about being hard done by.

Agreed, it would bring in some much needed revenue and make the season interesting! Semis here we come!

Thoroughly enjoyable 2nd half, proper football match that. I like the attitude under Warne, been a long time since we've got involved in a battle like that for a long time

Yes, first half I nearly turned it off, then the transformation ....

I claim mystic megs award! Yes it was turned around in the second half, though why the two loan strikers weren't on from the start was strange! So on to the 3rd round, strangely I hope we get a winnable tie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)