+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Newport v Rams

Good result as could easily have been a banana skin.

Burton at home please.

1st half. Were we really that bad or did we simply fail to cope with their in our faces attitude? IMO a bit of both. Some poor passing, poor choices and players simply not performing to their usual standards. Cash and Sibs to name but two.

2nd half was a different kettle of fish. The pace, the urgency we missed in the opening 45 was there for all to see. Cash back to his best. Sibs a cracking goal and a wonderful assist. Plenty of others almost getting in on the goalscoring act. As good as the 1st half had been bad.

In all honesty we might have been more than one behind at HT and we can thank JW and some poor shooting choices from them for that. We got 2 in the second half and could/should have had more. All in all a proper old fashioned Cup tie. The sort of game that deserved more than the number that attended.

Osula? Has scored some crackers for us but I still wonder if he's Theo in disguise. Can't fault him for speed. Can't fault him for effort. Can't fault him for getting things right in the second. I do, however, find him clumsy (for comparison, Wanchope looked unwieldy but was in control of his legs) and think that a top 2 Leagues future isn't for him. Like Theo he also seems to fail when he has time to think things through. I may be wrong but I don't believe I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1st half. Were we really that bad or did we simply fail to cope with their in our faces attitude? IMO a bit of both. Some poor passing, poor choices and players simply not performing to their usual standards. Cash and Sibs to name but two.

2nd half was a different kettle of fish. The pace, the urgency we missed in the opening 45 was there for all to see. Cash back to his best. Sibs a cracking goal and a wonderful assist. Plenty of others almost getting in on the goalscoring act. As good as the 1st half had been bad.

In all honesty we might have been more than one behind at HT and we can thank JW and some poor shooting choices from them for that. We got 2 in the second half and could/should have had more. All in all a proper old fashioned Cup tie. The sort of game that deserved more than the number that attended.

Osula? Has scored some crackers for us but I still wonder if he's Theo in disguise. Can't fault him for speed. Can't fault him for effort. Can't fault him for getting things right in the second. I do, however, find him clumsy (for comparison, Wanchope looked unwieldy but was in control of his legs) and think that a top 2 Leagues future isn't for him. Like Theo he also seems to fail when he has time to think things through. I may be wrong but I don't believe I am.
    Wildsmith and McGoldrick men of the match for me, that JW save off the forward's feet in the second half was crucial and difficult to achieve without risking contact/penalty/booking etc, DM didn't half put a shift in second half for such an old fellah and that header, when he was at nearly 45 degrees the wrong way, was outstanding

First half we weren't a yard off the pace instead we were about a week and a half off it!
    Second half DCFC actually turned up but why wait 45 minutes when it might have been too late?? Oh well, at least we've made it too the third round! Is it Man U for a money spinner, Burton for a local Derby or Norwich away?? Please not the last one, Manure home or away will do me though Burton would be OK.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with us drawing a less exciting prem / championship team, I don't want us to burn out trying to beat one of the best, or getting kicked around by a lower league team.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    2-0 win before inevitable away game at somewhere dull like Hull or Millwall
    Millwall is never dull, it is a club like no other, the 1st team in all leagues to stop taking the knee, we have no truck with political posturing.

Barnsley at home makes the pulse slow down to a crawl, but at least it's not Hull away (or Millwall). Chance of getting a decent draw in the 4th round I suppose.

Always a tough nut to crack, at least it's at home so could be a decent gate!

Former Premier League Barnsley... Should be a cracker for lil old Derby

Decent draw, let's get through another couple of rounds before we get a big team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)