+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Documentary - Inside Non-League Football’s Funding Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    And guess who was “Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport”, responsible for handing out the cash during the covid crisis?

… only Oliver Dowden, MP for Borehamwood.

Quelle Surprise!
    Explains why Boreham Wood got the most money per fan!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Explains why Boreham Wood got the most money per fan!!!!
    Fraud is fraud ! It should be taken up by the Police !..

Did it have a hand in Sutton getting promoted? They averaged less than 2k the two seasons before lockdown and finished 9th and 15th before they won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Did it have a hand in Sutton getting promoted? They averaged less than 2k the two seasons before lockdown and finished 9th and 15th before they won the league.
    Good point… i’d forgotten about them

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They didn't pay a transfer fee for any player that season. They did have a couple of really good U21 loanees, Isaac Olaofe in particular from Millwall was a very good season long loan for them, he's already had a couple of games in the Championship this season.

I think Sutton, Like Barrow before them just happened to get things right both on and off the pitch and had some old heads in the squad as well providing some experience along with the exciting young players.

That said, I'm sure the money they got was put to good use, probably in re-laying their plastic pitch which reportedly cost them £500k

It’s was such a farce, all they had to do was take everyone’s average home attendance as a % of everyone’s combined and that was % applied to the money.
    The fact it was so easy to do and the fairest way makes you think it was corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    It’s was such a farce, all they had to do was take everyone’s average home attendance as a % of everyone’s combined and that was % applied to the money.
    The fact it was so easy to do and the fairest way makes you think it was corrupt.
    The programme proves it was corrupt… there’s no think about it Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    The programme proves it was corrupt… there’s no think about it Matt.
    If true I really hope it's followed by a police inquiry, not to get the money back but to bring those involved to justice, alas I think that it would make to many waves so I wont hold my breath.

Is this now available? I can only find thé trailer on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Is this now available? I can only find thé trailer on YouTube.
    Their Twitter now says "Out November 30 on YouTube & Amazon".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast