+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Vale v Barnsley match thoughts

Makes you wonder why we bothered , terrible display .

Shocking pitch; Port Vale are obviously more used to it. Moon has had a mare. Let's see what Duff changes at half time because that's been a poor performance so far.

Itching putting in his usual yellow card tackle.
    We’re making it so easy for them never getting within 2 feet of them allowing them to pass at will. Let’s just hope and pray we don’t let Andersen go in January.

WOW some goal

Yeah great goal Doggy. Not good enough on the night though.

Very poor performance & whilst it doesn"t bother me too much I think it was totally unfair on the 184 brave souls have wasted time & good money on a team basically set up to fulfil a fixture , we did not try to win it from 6.30pm when the team sheet was handed in & when we did finally make an effort in the last 20 minutes there was no tactical use of the substitutes to at least give it a go and sadly those fans have been let down by the players & the coaches of BFC tonight , a refund of their ticket money & an apology to the 184 would at least be a gesture but we know that will not happen.

Thoughts.
    Aichison, Martin and Moon were poor.
    The important thing about that is that they are replacements if any of the 1st Team drop out.

I thought it was an interesting display.
    Basically because the players put a lot of effort into running off the ball and making themselves available to receive the ball.
    The movement off the ball was impressive.
    This is a great reflection of the impact of Duff and the coaching staff.
    However - it’s clear that although a big effort was being made the technical ability of some (most?) of the players is just not there.
    Which is concerning for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Very poor performance & whilst it doesn"t bother me too much I think it was totally unfair on the 184 brave souls have wasted time & good money on a team basically set up to fulfil a fixture , we did not try to win it from 6.30pm when the team sheet was handed in & when we did finally make an effort in the last 20 minutes there was no tactical use of the substitutes to at least give it a go and sadly those fans have been let down by the players & the coaches of BFC tonight , a refund of their ticket money & an apology to the 184 would at least be a gesture but we know that will not happen.
    Well done to the 184. As Shads says an apology, refund and medal should be given to them. The write up of the game on the Official Website had me raising an eyebrow to counter my apathy --"the Reds continued to assert their authority on the affair" being the comment that most caught my eye.
    Reds fans are not gullible fools and should be treated with a little respect.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-11-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Sounds like a wise move on my behalf not to spend a tenner watching the game.

Strange team selection - having gone so far in the tournament I'd have expected a stronger starting X1

Poor old SB aint going to Wembley / London any time soon.

FA Cup Semi Final and Play Off Final still to come..

"Here's three pounds for London."
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-11-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12