+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Bradd, Vinter or Hateley?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who was better?

Who was better?

Who was the better player between Les Bradd, Mick Vinter and Tony Hateley?

Big Tone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post

Big Tone for me.
    Thought it would be between Hateley & Mick Waitt

It appears Jeekay56 is a big fan of the only recently introduced Who was better???? feature lol

Happy to leave it to him as I was planning on just one a week covering from circa 1990 onwards to keep it fresh, plus you can't hold back this sort of enthushiam.

Enjoy

No contest as far as I'm concerned. Hateley averaged 27 goals in a 46 game season. The same as Bradd (14) and Vinter (13) put together.

Have great respect for all these players. Hateley and Bradd in particular were wonderful headers of the ball, as were several Notts players of that era.

Les was a fantastic servant for Notts over the years and expert in bringing others into the game with his lay-offs and nods down, a great aerial presence in particular. Micky Vinter really came on to a game at Meadow Lane and was pretty unstoppable for a while.

I'm going to go for Big Tone though who was so dominant in the air. When he came back to Notts at the end of his career he was a talismanic figure out there on the pitch. He also went further in his career than the other two excellent players mentioned.

Big Tone Les and Vinter in that order.
    I was at Fulham when Vinter tore them apart but he's still third in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post

Big Tone for me.
    Someone called?