+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player offers we can't refuse

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    To be honest, I don't care about them at all, apart from Notts 1 Wrexham 0 earlier this season.
    And hopefully Wrexham 0 Notts 1 later this season.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Maybe Wrexham are the one who have put all these amazing offers in.

Just a dig that we have to sell players, while they don't.

To be honest, I don't care about them at all, apart from Notts 1 Wrexham 0 earlier this season.
    The bros have said numerous times, we don't need to sell, end of. If the hillybillys want to think different, that's there problem. Why anybody would think their fans are more privy to our club info than us is beyond me.
    Maybe someone should tell them our owners are as rich as theirs, according to LB

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    They must think we've got the better players if clubs are coming for our players rather than theirs
    A good point, well made.

Wrexham seem to have become a modern day Bristol Rovers in terms of rivalry, which is good for maintaining interest. Without them and Chesterfield this league would be very boring - Maybe easier to get out of, but terribly dull.
    To be honest, if we go up I hope Wrexham come up with us. You need games on the fixture list that matter more than just the 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Apparently our top players all have offers we can't refuse in the January transfer window according to Wrexham fans. Best crown Wrexham champions now then

Attachment 22956
    Apart from the small matter of being only semi-literate, imagine your club spending the sort of money they have and still pinning your hopes on who your rivals might have to sell.

It’d be like us in 2010 fingers crossing that Rochdale flogged their centre forward.

I started watching the Rectum tv series the other day. Strange!
    What is even stranger is suddenly cheering for any other team in the non-league apart from rectum!
    I can't remember specific results for them for last year (apart from the ones that mattered! lol) but cheering on Chesterfield to beat Hollywood was an experience I never thought I would have.

A lot of self-entitlement there in North Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I started watching the Rectum tv series the other day. Strange!
    What is even stranger is suddenly cheering for any other team in the non-league apart from rectum!
    I can't remember specific results for them for last year (apart from the ones that mattered! lol) but cheering on Chesterfield to beat Hollywood was an experience I never thought I would have.

A lot of self-entitlement there in North Wales.
    I haven't watched any episodes, but I did watch the trailer. It all looks very well produced and that, but I can't stomach the whole 'underdog story' narrative they're pushing there. Wrexham are without a doubt the most expensively assembled and high-profile team to ever play at this level. They're backed by a Hollywood star. They're out-paying L1 clubs to their best players. It's the complete opposite of an underdog story.

One of the worst things about this is people all over the world will now consider themselves Wrexham fans and will be willing clubs like Notts to slip up. They'll be cheering on the big-spending 'underdog,' hoping the beat us to the title. But we're the antithesis of everything they stand for. Instead of throwing money around and hoping it eventually works, we're signing young and relatively unknown players from the league below and coaching them to become better. If this is a two-horse race (it probably isn't), we're the massive underdog.

But hey, that's the way I like it. Massive pressure on them, very little on us.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I haven't watched any episodes, but I did watch the trailer. It all looks very well produced and that, but I can't stomach the whole 'underdog story' narrative they're pushing there. Wrexham are without a doubt the most expensively assembled and high-profile team to ever play at this level. They're backed by a Hollywood star. They're out-paying L1 clubs to their best players. It's the complete opposite of an underdog story.

One of the worst things about this is people all over the world will now consider themselves Wrexham fans and will be willing clubs like Notts to slip up. They'll be cheering on the big-spending 'underdog,' hoping the beat us to the title. But we're the antithesis of everything they stand for. Instead of throwing money around and hoping it eventually works, we're signing young and relatively unknown players from the league below and coaching them to become better. If this is a two-horse race (it probably isn't), we're the massive underdog.

It is an underdog story, in the same way as Manchester City being bought by a collection of oil wells is.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

I’m about half way through and it’s definitely the “poor little underdog Wrexham, saved and the boys will come good.”
    Quite sickening at times listening to the ‘ we came close to administration and we had to raise money, but now we have all we want’ crap.

What it has shown so far to me is how far along our journey we actually are already.
    We all know Hardy was a d ick (literally in his case) but his ego got us a few goodies such as the changing rooms and the indoor court etc…
    The racecourse ground is a shed.
    On the finance side, having Jason Turner to keep us steady is a real plus.
    Burchball may well have been poor at times, but also we are far more steady than any of the other clubs imo. That’s shown in the way Luke has come in, used the radar signings and got us (the high majority of the time) firing on all cylinders, without all the stupid cash they’ve spent.

Sunderland ‘til I Die was better imo. Especially the second season!

I watched the bit to see the footage from when Notts played them away last season and then skipped to the play-off game against Grimsby. The perfect watch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12