+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What a crap game.

Under Southgate we have lost one tournament match in 90 minutes and that was against Belgium in a game where we had already qualified.
    That’s one game in 6 years.
    I actually admire a bit of loyalty and we have come closer to winning the World Cup or euros in my lifetime under Southgate than anyone else in my lifetime.
    I will concede that the football isn’t always the most exciting but zero premier league managers have won the World Cup and once we have won one or two we can start playing with less pressure like France or Brazil do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Under Southgate we have lost one tournament match in 90 minutes and that was against Belgium in a game where we had already qualified.
    That’s one game in 6 years.
    I actually admire a bit of loyalty and we have come closer to winning the World Cup or euros in my lifetime under Southgate than anyone else in my lifetime.
    I will concede that the football isn’t always the most exciting but zero premier league managers have won the World Cup and once we have won one or two we can start playing with less pressure like France or Brazil do.
    Closest to winning the Euros yes, but fourth place in 2018 same as 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Closest to winning the Euros yes, but fourth place in 2018 same as 1990.
    1990 was indeed in my life time. Point taken.

But the 3rd place game in 2018 is the only World Cup or euro tournament game Southgate has lost in 90 minutes.

It is 56 years since England won anything so the perspective is that until we have won it multiple times like France, Italy, Germany or Brazil we need to have some perspective.

Sven had the golden generation of Beckham, Lampard, Terry, Campbell, Owen, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Cole x 2. Scholes and Rooney but never achieved what Southgate has.

Footballers are much more comfortable playing for their clubs week in week out than they are for their country 8-10 a year.

I’d like to see Foden and Wilson play but I don’t think he’s getting thing’s fundamentally wrong.

The players all seem to be onboard. Was it McLaren that was undermined by John Terry doing a press conference saying that Joe Cole should be playing?

Belgium, Germany, England, Netherlands, Argentina and Portugal have all looked sluggish against Asian, African, North American and Central American teams. And France got away with that one against Denmark yesterday.

I’d like to see England rotate some players on Tuesday.

English International football -

Just shows how good Alf Ramsey was as a manager , when in 1966 England won the World Cup

Have to win it soon before Africa and America take over in about 20 years.

And another “ crap game “ !

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112