+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHAT was that?

We're in a good position of knowing that group qualification is in our own hands. But Wales though won't be a pushover for obvious reasons, and the mentality has to change because that was just unacceptable last night.
    I'm not normally a fan of Henderson but he and Grealish especially, both made things happen when they came on.both
    The crossing was terrible as well, continually going too high and straight to their keeper, so that really has got to be worked on.

How the feck does one of the best young players in the world who plays practically every week for the best manager in the world with a squad packed full of world class players not start for his country at a World Cup ? .

What fecking planet are you on Southgate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We're in a good position of knowing that group qualification is in our own hands. But Wales though won't be a pushover for obvious reasons, and the mentality has to change because that was just unacceptable last night.
    I'm not normally a fan of Henderson but he and Grealish especially, both made things happen when they came on.both
    The crossing was terrible as well, continually going too high and straight to their keeper, so that really has got to be worked on.
    If things work out as they probably will do although you can't say for certain we are down to meet the French in the quarter final .

Southgate will shyte himself with the threat of Mbappe , one man in the French team will determine his entire strategy for this potential game .

He'll not consider for one moment that he has players at his disposal that the French should worry about in Foden and Grealish or the fact Harry Kane is a far better player than Olivier Giroud is right now and even our bang average centre backs should be able to keep quiet .

He'll not consider the fact that the French back four is suspect .

Mbappe will live rent free in Southgate's head .

You read it here first .

I think we should be more concerned with either Senegal or Ecuador first, before thinking about the Qtrs and possibly France.
    The fact that Maguire was our man of the match, says a lot.

I get your points, but the cautious man he is has got us to a world semi and European final. He got them to make sure they didn't lose cos he knew Wales lost! He knew a point means Wales have to beat by 4 goals for us to go out, which will not happen!!! Of we had thrown caution to the wind and lost just a defeat by Wales would have put us out, personally a tactical decision not good to watch but effective.
    I still think it will be Brazil v England final, I also don't go along with this Mbappe love fest! He is good but not the greatest player in the world, he's great for PSG in a pretty poor league and against poor opposition in a World Cup, against us he will struggle because he won't get the space he needs, unlike someone like Salah who can dance through you like you don't exist!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I get your points, but the cautious man he is has got us to a world semi and European final. He got them to make sure they didn't lose cos he knew Wales lost! He knew a point means Wales have to beat by 4 goals for us to go out, which will not happen!!! Of we had thrown caution to the wind and lost just a defeat by Wales would have put us out, personally a tactical decision not good to watch but effective.
    I still think it will be Brazil v England final, I also don't go along with this Mbappe love fest! He is good but not the greatest player in the world, he's great for PSG in a pretty poor league and against poor opposition in a World Cup, against us he will struggle because he won't get the space he needs, unlike someone like Salah who can dance through you like you don't exist!!!!
    I could understand the caution and negative approach if we had limited talent in those attacking areas Perky .

The weakness in the team is at the back with Stones , Maguire and Pickford decent but not world class by any means .

You'd imagine given those circumstances you'd play to your strengths and make your opponents play more cautiously .

It's unimaginable that the Brazilians would leave Foden and Grealish on the bench , they'd find a way to play every attacking threat they could if their defensive side was suspect .

His negativity and caution plays right in to the hands of the better teams at this world cup as it did against Croatia and Italy .

The world cup is 7 Games in four weeks , it's the best team in those four weeks that wins the world cup , you can be the best team in the first 7 PL games of the season but it doesn't necessarily mean you'd win the PL title if you take my point .

You've got to be positive and play to your strengths and if your England it's not a bad idea to try and win in 120 minutes in the knock out stages .

Who Dares Wins .

I'm happy with the draw. A defeat would have gave Wales a sniff. I can't see us losing 5-0 to Wales but I could see us losing to Wales. We're through.

I see where you're coming from animal, but we have to trust the man in charge, he hasn't done a bad job since he took over.
    I said when we were dire in the nations league that he was using it to see who he wanted to take to Quatar, he's made his choices and has said himself it's a whole squad tournament.
    For all we know he could be saving Grealish, Foden and Maddison to unleash them on France and Brazil? We will then be saying he's a tactical genius!

That Tim Vickery, a pundit I rate, who lives in South America and knows the game there inside out says if England end up playing Ecuador there will be no favourites in that game.

Int that same as they charge at Oakwell on a match day?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123